Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think so, most of the time this is tried we just get through the press, outnumber the opposition and create a really dangerous opportunity, often a goal.

Agreed, If you've got a bad press, we will slaughter you. That's why I didn't say there's a high correlation between teams pressing us and us losing, but specifically pressing in their third.

If you look at the games where teams press in our third and midfield, we win almost all of them. If you look at the ones who press aggressively in their own third, that's where we drop points. If you can disrupt our 8's and make the game sloppy, you've got a chance.

Pep Guardiola: "Anything can happen. It’s a different competition. It’s a final at every stage. We are ready to do our best performance to go through."

"The pressure is always there, we try to do our best like the other teams. We saw how tight it was in the last two games, tomorrow will be no exception. It’s a final so it’s one game. We’ll try to avoid mistakes so they can’t punish us."

Pep Guardiola on
@aguerosergiokun
: "He's still in Barcelona. He should come here, do a test. He's still in Barcelona making a full recovery

Pep Guardiola on #ManCity changing: "Every year it's growing. Not just results but everyone, every year the organisation is growing. The club is working day by day to get results, another part is working to be sustainable and solid in the future

: "Results help to increase. The elite clubs will always be there. Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern - in knockout games, everything can happen. It's difficult to beat big teams away from home, but in one game anything can happen

Pep Guardiola on #ManCity being favourites to win the #UCL

: "Of course, it was important to beat the kings of this competition [Real Madrid]. But when you play just one game in this competition, anything can happen

Pep Guardiola: "It's quite different. When you play first leg you have one eye on second leg. When we play FA Cup or Carabao we are used to it. There are no second chances, tyou are either in or out. The approach is very different

Aymeric Laporte on winning the #UCL

: "Of course, it will be massive for the club and we are going for it."

Agreed, If you've got a bad press, we will slaughter you. That's why I didn't say there's a high correlation between teams pressing us and us losing, but specifically pressing in their third.

If you look at the games where teams press in our third and midfield, we win almost all of them. If you look at the ones who press aggressively in their own third, that's where we drop points. If you can disrupt our 8's and make the game sloppy, you've got a chance.

Lyon will do both imo defend deep and press aggressively while doing so. A bit different than the PL teams that happen to just park the bus and keep 10 players in the box with no press.

Pep Guardiola on how 'ready' #ManCity are: "I would like to tell you what happened tomorrow but all I can say is we are prepared. I am proud of how they have been these two or three weeks. Since lockdown they have been incredibly focussed

"We accept the deal for the club for the people to go to the semi-final. It's adapting every day for the new protocols and we did it and now we are here

Pep Guardiola on conditions in Lisbon: "It's similar to Premier League, not much different. The restrictions, the controls. The difference is all together in the hotel, but at home we are at our homes. The games is similar

Pep Guardiola on Lyon: "We saw the other games against Juventus, some other games in the French league. They are organised, aggressive, so fast. People up front, wing backs, the quality in the team is something else. This is a quarter final. It won't be easy

Pep Guardiola: "I expect in 90 minutes we will suffer. Just to be strong in our minds, knowing the game will be over when it's over, not before. These games, the mental, the heads, the spirits lead the other things. The team are ready to do it.

Pep Guardiola on David Silva: "Absolutely he is ready. The way he trains, his personality. When the people can be there he will get what he deserves. He decide from the beginning of the season to move on, he said he wants a new experience

Pep Guardiola: "The facilities are good, the food is good too. The Portuguese authorities and UEFA allowed us to train. Good weather. The guys spend time talking about the game, training. Nothing special, just spend more time together.

Aymeric Laporte on facing a French side: "It's always special to play one team from where you are. I'm excited to play against them. I remember the last year when I scored against them so hopefully if I play I can do it again and we can go to the next stage

Aymeric Laporte on winning the #UCL
: "Of course, it will be massive for the club and we are going for it

Skybet have City 1/4 and Lyon 11/1. From Pep's presser it sounds like we are very focused and in good spirits. Should be a good game.

Ill try,
Ederson
Walker Fernandinho Laporte Mendy
Debruyne Rodri Silva
Marhez Jesus Sterling
I think that’s going to be pretty close, but with Lyon playing 3 at the back I’ve got a feeling he’s going to play a false 9 to draw that middle centre back out and leave Sterling and Mahrez 1v1 against their centre back.

I think Foden or Bernado are going to play as the false 9.

Harsh on Jesus as he was brilliant last game, but it’s all about winning at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.