• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for tomorrow.

Ederson
Walker Laporte Dhino Mendy
KDB Rodri Bernardo
Sterling Foden Jesus

Not sure Pep will pick Bernardo , but despite having a poor season he will relish playing on home turf and he still has that magic in him to create and score goals. Foden as the false no 9 again, chasing and pressing their defence. Will be a tough game, but no sloppy errors please and if we play our A game we should be OK.

Listen I’m done with worrying we have been going into the last three champions league knock out phase and quarter finals as huge favs and being on the end of a sort of upset,let’s not be having that tomorrow night but if we get through let the media build Munich up and have us as the underdogs cause I’ll tell you what we‘ll most likely turn them over football is a funny old game ..

Exactly, Lyon can park the bus and play on the counter which is the most successful game plan against us.

We should win but we’ll need to be completely focused and not thinking about the semi final like we did against Arsenal, already thought we’re in the final.
This. The counter attacking teams have been successful against us all season. Pep knows all about it and that's why if we are not alert then we can be punished. I'm looking forward to see how we adapt and also finish those chances we know we can often squander.

If we do beat Lyon the media would have already wrote us off for the Hollywood FC game , which is a dangerous thing to do with our football club , we have been written off so many times over the years and then rammed the media's words down their throats.
Bayern's arrogance on and off the pitch will be their downfall , no doubt we will now go into a semi-final with the Germans as underdogs , and i also have no doubt Pep will have them worked out.
But we need to beat a Lyon side that has caused us problems in the past , on paper Lyon are average at best , if we are clinical we will win comfortably, lets hope Jesus and Sterling have their shooting boots on.

No Sergio, no party
While I would hope we would beat Lyon, albeit with a few scares and perhaps even extra time, we won’t beat Bayern with this makeshift back four and with Jesus up front. Imagine them with Lewandowski injured. We’d all feel we were much more likely to win.
Really hope Gaby proves me wrong but lets be realistic here, he has failed miserably against anyone even halfway decent apart from Madrid, weirdly enough.

I wish I had your confidence.

I wouldn’t have thought Pep will drop Foden. His speed will scare defenders and their coaches shitless, though Bernardo or Riyad for Gundog I can see.

There was an article on Phil in The Athletic last week, which included a section about how he started working with Tony "Madness" Clarke, a sprinting coach. He’s been doing sessions with Madness that can last up to two hours and they obviously paying off.
Foden has to play every game now. Not even debatable. David has been an-all-time great but hes now a 70th-minute sub to control and hold the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.