Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF you want to be the best, then you have to beat the best.

As long as we don't give the ball easily in our third, we will have a chance against Bayern.

Good grief man, if any manager knows how to deal with Bayern Munich it Guardiola . Have some faith in the team you're supposed to support!
that's right. We're not Barça, playing with Suarez and Messi means without the ball they played with 9 players, and Bayern centre-backs can do what they want without pressure. We have Jesus and Foden who will give their defenders no time to think. Plus we have much more pace to burn.

Was the match we lost to them the dead rubber that arteta ran? If so I am not too worried tomorrow
It was the 2nd match of the group so not a dead rubber. Even the 2nd one where we barely escaped with a draw was not. They have speed in attack and we have to be alert.

Pep Guardiola: "In some ways it is like the FA Cup or Carabao Cup. The players are used to these one-match games. If we lose we go home to Manchester but if we win we stay for a few more days. There are no second chances. You are either in or you are out

Pep Guardiola: "It is completely different to usual Champions League. So we must stay strong in our minds. These games will be about mentality. The head and the spirit lead all the other things. I think the players are ready to do it

Pep Guardiola on being favourites: "There are no favourites but this is the time to show our real selves. I want the team to be who they are, to do everything in their minds and souls. After that, the football will dictate whether we deserve to win or not." [
@MailFootball

It was the 2nd match of the group so not a dead rubber. Even the 2nd one where we barely escaped with a draw was not. They have speed in attack and we have to be alert.
ah right,thanks,god knows what game I am thinking of then
maybe a bit more nervous then ,excited though,i really like it only being one game

I think our lot will be pretty fired up after watching that Bayern/Barca game.

They'll know how badly Barca defended and seen the weakness of Bayern at the back, but it was a massive throwing down of the gauntlet and I expect the City side that goes out to play Lyon to be chomping at the bit to answer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.