Lyon (H) - Post Match Thread

The rags lose a CL game at the swamp and it’s a total disaster, because the self -appointed biggest, club in the world shouldn’t be losing to little teams like Seville, especially when the sinister outfit from Merseyside have won the competition more times.

City lose a CL game, but half the fans can’t be arsed, and the other half mutter: “We’d have settled for this 20 years ago”

Frankly, both attitudes are pathetic.

Wasn't surprised at the result, Lyon are a good team and exposed our main weakness which has always been the threat on the break. Liverpool did the exact same to us a few times last year.

The main thing we didn't do well was keep the ball and if you give it away cheaply with half the team pushed forwards then the inevitable is bound to happen.

Against a better team the score could of been embarrassing really not because they played better but because of endless mistakes and poor play in the final third. We can't afford those mistakes when we play the way we play.

My main worry is this is the competition we should be hungry for and we expected a stroll in the park but it wasn't. We will pick things up but the season hasn't quite started yet for a few I think.

I thought we were very lax last night, it reeked of 'we've won this game before kick off' type attitude - exactly the type of attitude we were assured wouldn't creep in from Pep, Vinny etc

We had a target or two in CM/DM but they didn't eventuate.

I think some fresh faces along with Mahrez would have been good for the squad both on and off the pitch and no doubt we tried to replace Yaya and give more opportunity for Ferny to play less football but it didn't eventuate.

Its early days but I am not surprised that Chelsea and Liverpool heading the table at present have made a few personnel changes over the summer along with a change in manager for Chelsea and are playing a different style and formation.

We have lost our last 4 CL games and overall been second best in all of them and that clearly is of concern.

You do realise that for every 3 New faces in the squad, 3 need to leave the squad. Can be a heavy price for a new smiley face.

We had a very bad day at the office yesterday and that's all it was really. Credit to Lyon for getting the points but we'll be back all guns blazing for the next match it isn't the end of the world.

This is probably an over reaction and just annoyance but I am getting really fed up with:

a) Gundogan, b) mahrez and c) Jesus.

All have been ineffectual for City this season.

I also feel the selection by pep was wrong. mendy was injured so fair enough play Delph, but then you must play Sane. And we should have had Bernardo inside instead of Gundogan who was useless. All he did was pass it backwards or sideways.

First game that I have felt we really missed De Bruyne.
I’m mahrez defense he has not really played enough minutes to say he is ineffectual. You can come in and try to make a difference when you barely started all season. Same thing happened with bernardo last season.

We had a very bad day at the office yesterday and that's all it was really. Credit to Lyon for getting the points but we'll be back all guns blazing for the next match it isn't the end of the world.

We will need a tank against those welsh fookers

They will be out to kick the shit out of us again it's Warnocks way

Seems like we’re the only team that can repeatedly get cut open with just one pass from the opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.