M.E.N ARENA OR APOLLO?

chorltonblue

IM NOT SURE I LKE THE MEN ARENA BUT ITS FAR TO BIG APOLLO EDGES IT SLIGHTLY.

SEEN SOME GREAT BANDS TO,OASIS,COLDPLAY,AND FOO FIGHTERS.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Apollo is by far and away the better venue. MEN has no soul. Whenever I go to the Apollo I always think about all the great artists that have played there, its a venue with history, soul and sweat. Its like comparing Maine Road to COMS. COMS is a superb stadium but Maine Rd had that something.....

MEN is shit, the sound is shit... it's a soulless venue where bands who are too greedy to play at a proper venue like The Apollo or The Academy play.

Niall Quinn's Disco Pants said:
Apollo is by far and away the better venue. MEN has no soul. Whenever I go to the Apollo I always think about all the great artists that have played there, its a venue with history, soul and sweat. Its like comparing Maine Road to COMS. COMS is a superb stadium but Maine Rd had that something.....

AGREED LOVE COMS BUT MAINE ROAD WAS SPEACIAL.

Night n Day is unbeatable when you catch a great band. But to answer your question, The Apollo wins.

Yeah, agree with the Night and Day comment.

Also good is The Roadhouse, and the old Band On The Wall, was a top venue too.

I think the Astoria is about the optimum size for a venue, the smaller ones might as well be in some shit pub with very bad viewing possibilities and sound.

Pearcey said:
Yeah, agree with the Night and Day comment.

Also good is The Roadhouse, and the old Band On The Wall, was a top venue too.

Aah the BOTW, my all-time favourite venue.
I also used to love The Mayflower in Gorton, saw some great punk bands there in 81-82 when I was 14
(The Damned, Angelic Upstarts, Vice squad, The Exploited, GBH, Discharge, Anti-Pasti).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.