Macclesfield - the next club to go under?

What do you propose ahould happen? If other clubs see them receiving help then they will follow.

Why punish them at all ? If they are struggling financially fining them just makes it worse. Perhaps just leave them alone ? You would hope that if the current owners can't make it work they would look to sell the club whilst they could get some sort of return, why would someone buy them knowing the debt has just increased by £50,000 and the club have a 5-10 point deduction, thereby making it even harder to turn it around and the chances of your investment going to shit ?
Football is a franchise, can you imagine Dominos Pizza fining a struggling franchise and imposing other penalties on the current owner, in fact Domino's do step in and look to help them as it is bad for the brand when a shop struggles.

Why punish them at all ? If they are struggling financially fining them just makes it worse. Perhaps just leave them alone ? You would hope that if the current owners can't make it work they would look to sell the club whilst they could get some sort of return, why would someone buy them knowing the debt has just increased by £50,000 and the club have a 5-10 point deduction, thereby making it even harder to turn it around and the chances of your investment going to shit ?
Football is a franchise, can you imagine Dominos Pizza fining a struggling franchise and imposing other penalties on the current owner, in fact Domino's do step in and look to help them as it is bad for the brand when a shop struggles.
Les sealey's son is looking to buy the club, but the current owner won't sell, they still owe Sol Campbell £180,000 in wages, and several players have been unpaid and filed for a winding up order against the club, it's a shame really as Macc are doing well on the pitch this season, after escaping relegation from the football league on the last game of last season

I agree with you, i was commenting on the the suggestion that the FL should help them. Help them in what way? When you have owners - like the one at Bury - who simply didnt want to do anything with the club, what help should / can the FL give?
The answer is of course preventing dodgy owners getting hold of clubs in the first place.

Les sealey's son is looking to buy the club, but the current owner won't sell, they still owe Sol Campbell £180,000 in wages, and several players have been unpaid and filed for a winding up order against the club, it's a shame really as Macc are doing well on the pitch this season, after escaping relegation from the football league on the last game of last season
And there lies one of the problems that a club the size of Macc on 2 / 3000 crowd per game are paying a manager £180K plus over a year (assume he has received some of his wages so that figure may be higher) and is just not sustainable.

What do you propose ahould happen? If other clubs see them receiving help then they will follow.
How about the ruling body have some vision as to how the football league could be organised to help clubs, how about them having a system that ensures owners can’t asset strip clubs. They are just a bunch of administrators who come up with stupid rules

And there lies one of the problems that a club the size of Macc on 2 / 3000 crowd per game are paying a manager £180K plus over a year (assume he has received some of his wages so that figure may be higher) and is just not sustainable.
And there lies the real problem, 180,000 isn't even a top prems players wages for a week ,the fa need to look after smaller clubs, it's like real life the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, I really disagree with the way football has gone now to be honest, yes we are fortunate that we see great football and win trophies, but years ago the fans were connected to the club, those days are long gone, I remember us training on the university fields, I remember us training in a school gym then mini bus to the ground, I spoke to a lot of players in them days, try and get near one now

How about the ruling body have some vision as to how the football league could be organised to help clubs, how about them having a system that ensures owners can’t asset strip clubs. They are just a bunch of administrators who come up with stupid rules
I thought the clubs themselves had to agree the rules. The problem with the EFL is that it's run by the clubs and their owners.- Owners who might consider a bit of long-term asset stripping aren't going to vote to prevent asset stripping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.