Mad Hatter - New York

That is proper sad. Been there a couple of times and was made to feel more than welcome.
I hope the new place is an adequate replacement for them

This is sad news.....

Bit sad had a couple of good times in the Mad Hatter, but the new home in Greewich Village will hopefully be just as good and probably a bit easier to get to for visitors.
I know after the refurb a lot of the memorabilia seemed to have been taken down wonder if they still have it and that can find a place inthe new home? My sons City baseball cap was there at one time I remember the barmaid getting him to sign it before she put it up behind the bar.

I went here in October and I think it was a bit out of the way tbh - hopefully the new place will be easier to get to next time I’m over there.

Wow. That's sad. Here's to the guys I met when I went in there in 2012. Hope your new place is just as good

Been many a time and the venue was not only great but geographically great too. Used to take me about 25 mins to walk to the megabus stop to return back to Boston!
Hope new venue is as good. The Oklahoma American college football fans will have to find a new home too, they packed the place hours after the City game had finished.

Last edited:
Great bar.sad to.hear its closing.1st went there 2010 and met mike the owner.everton fan and Kim who ran the bar.they were really good with us because when we were on the plane to fly back to m/cr on the Wednesday we got stuck there in New York for an extra 10 days because of the volcanic ash incident.we went the mad hatter most days and they were great with us.been back 6 times to the hatter since.2 years ago we took them a bell engraved with mad hatter mcfc in memory of Helen from the old Man City ground.going to try and contact them and hope they dont throw it away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.