Madeline McCann

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Arry is Bent, 3 Nov 2010.

1. Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Don't get me wrong I feel sorry for anyone who loses a child, you hear of children that go missing whilst out with their parents shopping, and I can respect that it's difficult to watch children whilst doing something else.

Even though I don't have children myself, I know what it's like to love and care for a person so unconditionally that you would put yourself at risk if it were to ensure their saftey, and the feeling when that person is gone can not only be soul destroying but also have a massive mental impact on you for the rest of your life.

The Mcanns could have easily avoided this, it's not the case of the child wandering off but the parents themselves, I'm not gong to claim I understand what they're going through as I have no idea, but hypothetically if it were me that had left my child alone to be abducted, I don't think I would ever forgive myself and would probably have suicidal tendencies...... I would expect no sympathy though, I would only hope people would hold my child in their thoughts.

2. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

well said

3. Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

The old "we all make mistakes" excuse just seems like a massive cop out..... would you pity a drunk driver because "we all make mistakes"?, or a child sex offender for not seeking help instead of acting out on their urges because "we all make mistakes"?...

The "mistakes" you listed there albeit the 60 mph as long as it was on singe carriageway aren't mistakes, they're careless actions which you would expect a grown person to have the common sense to avoid.

I'm not claiming to be perfect myself, I've done stupid reckless things, would I expect pity? No, I would expect someone to call me an idiot and tell me to sort myself out, which they have done in the past.

4. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    Whilst i agree with DD to a certain degree i'd also guess that he never let his boys go on a speedboat again without a life jacket, or get in bed pissed up another time with his young baby or mess around with the radio at 60 miles an hour.
    It's not just the fact they left their children alone that grates with me but the fact that they did it on numerous occasions, one of those being reported that Madeleine was crying out for her dad for over an hour. People make mistakes, they did, but obviously didn't want to learn from theirs.

IMO, they know what happened to her, too much has gone on which is well documented, from their behaviour to witness statements, that makes me think they were in some way complicit in this.

5. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

I don't pity them because they've done something reckless. I pity them because they have lost a child.

6. Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

I think everyone did pity them 10 years ago when it happened, but now it's a case of people being more upset/angry that they have gotten away with child neglect than anything else... that's what it is in my case anyway.

7. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Didn't even use the babysitting service available....they really didn't give a fcuk about their kids did they

8. Tom_mcfc

Tom_mcfc

what a weird, weird post.

9. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Absolutely.

10. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Not in the view of plenty of people including me. What I find weird is that anyone should think it was weird.