Maho Beach, St Maarten and airport.

Be interesting to get a pilots comments on flying into there. I wonder if @ChicagoBlue has flown there?
I have not, even though it was a much sought after trip. It was sought after because as a pilot we only fly in OR out, as it’s too much flight time to fly in both directions. I didn’t do it mainly because we rarely layover there!

For pilots, it’s like many, many places that are close to water (SFO, LGA, AUA…or most island runways, etc.). They present a challenge, but it’s really only the beach goers & YouTube that have made this one anything noteworthy.

And, I agree, they’re nuts!!

When we went on a Caribbean cruise, my son wanted to go over there to “experience” it. Thankfully, I didn’t have to step in as his Mum was having none of it!

Instead, we went to an east beach and had a brilliant day, including some of the best open water jet skiing ever!

You’ll never guess what he remembers from that day? It wasn’t missing out on sucking down toxic jet A fumes or getting sandblasted and thrown in the ocean by them!!!

Last edited:
I was supposed to go there on a cruise last year but of course it was cancelled
Sorry to hear that!

We really enjoyed our shore time in St Maarten. Lots of good food, shopping, and beaches, with the added bonus of choosing which “side” you want to frequent…French or Dutch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.