Mahrez or Zaha...choose one

Cheers to all the posters who contributed(as opposed to "neither" comments from muppets)

Overwhelmingly Mahrez, very interesting for me.

IF we took one, I think Zaha would absolutely thrive under Pep ala Sane/Sterling, but Mahrez is less of a project.

Very torn on which one I'd go for myself!

For me, Mahrez keeps the ball closer to his body and can operate in tighter situations, whereas Zaha thrives when he has a little more space, which means he can knock the ball ahead of himself and his marker and use his pace and power to break free. Given the way opponents deploy against us, Mahrez's abilities are more suited to playing in tight spaces; he's also more than capable of playing more centrally and driving with the ball. If we do sign Mahrez, I expect numerous players to be more fluid in terms of where they play next season.

Another plus point for Mahrez is that he tends to give Liverpool's Robertson a tough time.:-)

Last edited:
mahrez and that is because i dont rate zaha that high and dont believe he fits in as well in our system

Mahrez. Better tecnically and Zaha already has a reputation for diving so he'd be fucked playing for us

I really think we should aim higher than Zaha or Mahrez. Someone that is gonna be an upgrade for us in harder CL games. They have like zero CL experience between them.

We have to spend very big anyway because even Palace/Leicester would charge us seriously for these players.

No brainer really.
Mahrez all day long.
Zaha is best suited to being a big fish in a small pond imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.