Mahut v Isner

GaudinoMotors

I know it will be removed to off topic

But just got to pay respects to these two - an epic sporting moment that will never be repeated

One set lasting longer than any match in history
Mahut having the bottle to serve to stay in it 55 times
Mahut 95 aces Isner 98

Wish them well for today - incredible achievement.

GaudinoMotors said:

But just got to pay respects to these two - an epic sporting moment that will never be repeated

Mahut 95 aces Isner 98

yes was watching it yesterday and although both players aren't going to be winning any grand slams you cant take away from them there fitness and determination not to be beaten, hopefully will catch the end of the game later lol

Longest match (time elapsed): Mahut-Isner currently 10 hours

Previous record: 6 hours 33 minutes - Fabrice Santoro beat Arnaud Clement, French Open, first round, 2004

Longest match (games played): Mahut-Isner currently 163 games

Previous records:

Doubles: 122 - Stan Smith and Erik van Dillen (United States) v Patricio Cornejo and Jaime Fillol (Chile) - Davis Cup, 1973

Singles: 112 - Pancho Gonzales beat Charlie Pasarell 22-24 1-6 16-14 6-3 11-9 - Wimbledon, 1969

Longest fifth set and longest set at a grand slam: Mahut-Isner's 59-59 (7 hours and 6 minutes)

Previous records:

Longest fifth set at a grand slam: Andy Roddick beat Younes El Aynaoui 4-6 7-6 4-6 6-4 21-19 - Australian Open, 2003

Longest set: 25-23 John Newcombe beat Marty Reissen 4-6 6-3 6-4 25-23 - U.S. Open, 1969

Most aces by a player and match total: 98 Isner, 95 Mahut

Previous record: 78 - Ivo Karlovic (Croatia) - 2009 Davis Cup v Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic)

GaudinoMotors said:

Mahut 95 aces Isner 98

Something very similar has been happening for the last three weeks tbh.. Its called the Its quiet thread on the transfer forum. :)

Ah Tennis. Isn't that the game where someone hits it over the net (why do i get a picture of Lee Bradbury in my mind ?) then someone hits it back over the net. Then (excitement mounts) the other guy hits it over the net, then the first one hits it back over the net.................then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was sat next to Isner at breakfast when I went to Wimbledon on Tuesday!!!

he just picked at a bit of fruit (nerves?) - bet he wishes he'd have got a bit more fuel on board if he'd have know his match would take 10 hours over 3 days?

by the way he is a very very big unit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.