Maicon its time to get off the Man City Metrolink ride

yayas trusty right foot said:
There was one pass yesterday that was out of this world..

Spot on. When he played it through I turned to my mate and said 'that was special'

The thing about Maicon, or indeed any Brazilian full back, is that defending is a secondary consideration to his eagerness to attack.

Strangely enough, in the absence of wingers, he does seem the best option we have on the bench to offer an increase threat on the right wing if required.

In short a quality footballer although perhaps not quick enough to recover back to his defensive position if we get dispossessed while he is attacking.

kippaxchris said:
kun said:
blueyorkie said:
Hmmm, funny how diferent people see things, whenever he comes on I feel something will be created. To my mind he seems to be one of the best impact players we have off the bench.
I agree with this.

So do i

As do i, similar to bringing on Kolarov but he's better.Some of his crossing when he has played as been so dangerous and has really caused teams problems.I just wish he could stay fit so we could see more of him.

a shame we couldnt have got him in his prime as I feel he is past it now,unless the injuries have played a part.Played one or two good balls,but there was one where he beat a couple of players ,turned inside then gave it away with no City player nearby who you thought he may have been passing to.With no points wanting to be dropped in the last 12 games,maybe a bit of a risk?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
So even in a convincing 4-0 win,somebody has to get a slating.
Today seemingly it is Maicon's turn.
Do we have some sort of scapegoating rota in operation nowadays?
Just so I know who to hate next week?

We've always had buggins' turn with the red hot poker. Remember in the early 60s used to be Joe Hayes!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
So even in a convincing 4-0 win,somebody has to get a slating.
Today seemingly it is Maicon's turn.
Do we have some sort of scapegoating rota in operation nowadays?
Just so I know who to hate next week?

We've always had buggins' turn with the red hot poker. Remember in the early 60s used to be Joe Hayes!
Nice one Mr Ewing ,glad some one else remembers Joe Hayes he did cop for some stick, I was only a lad but the guys who took me to the match, said he was hard of hearing. Because he never passed when team mates were in a scoring position. he was just the Maicon of the day I guess. Though mud, fog, snow ,leather balls ..... [whoops ,steady],Woodbines,number 53 buses and Saturday football at 3 o clock. and Maicon playing for City when Trautmann was the first German I had ever seen. You have to laugh at the changes and think . now we get upset if we draw....!!! Dave Ewing the man who could head a hard frosty ball ...!!! [Whoops its my age though ,I,m allowed...haaa.]

blueyorkie said:
Hmmm, funny how diferent people see things, whenever he comes on I feel something will be created. To my mind he seems to be one of the best impact players we have off the bench.

Could not say it better.

+1

blueyorkie said:

+ 1

Out for another month! Largely a waste of money, not so much on his fee which was small but his wages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.