Main dealer car rip off

Blue Maverick

My old man has a 10 year old merc he’s paid for a servicing scheme so he’s taken it down this week, they’ve come back and said, he needs a new tyre, front bushes and the brakes at the back are down to 20% total cost £1300, they said the tyre and bushes need doing for the mot. So he takes it to a local garage with a guy who we trust, he looks over it £30 for the MOT, job done, said non of those jobs need doing and the brakes are at 40%. How the fuck can they get away with that sort of shit, I’m in two minds to go down and say I think they are praying on old people to rip them off.

My old man has a 10 year old merc he’s paid for a servicing scheme so he’s taken it down this week, they’ve come back and said, he needs a new tyre, front bushes and the brakes at the back are down to 20% total cost £1300, they said the tyre and bushes need doing for the mot. So he takes it to a local garage with a guy who we trust, he looks over it £30 for the MOT, job done, said non of those jobs need doing and the brakes are at 40%. How the fuck can they get away with that sort of shit, I’m in two minds to go down and say I think they are praying on old people to rip them off.

Report them mate.

Service kit including discs, pads to trade about £80.

Back street garage fitted £150-£200.

Main dealer fitted stupid money and often the work doesnt even need doing.

Arnold Clark for instance are known in the trade as Arnold Shark and for good reason.

Wankers mate,absolute fucking rip off wankers

Do it. Cheeky bastards

Amen.

had a mazda dealer in Derby do similar, said I needed a new floor pan, £1400, or it will never pass an mot. took it to a mate and started laughing and told me to never take a car to a main dealer, passed the mot no problem

had a mazda dealer in Derby do similar, said I needed a new floor pan, £1400, or it will never pass an mot. took it to a mate and started laughing and told me to never take a car to a main dealer, passed the mot no problem

I have had clients who are car dealerships. They don't make much money selling new cars - a lot are sold for a loss. Servicing and selling on trade ins makes them as much if not more.

You are miles better in an Indi garage for servicing.

Got quoted £350 for a new exhaust system from a main dealer but when I went to the local and long-established exhaust centre near home he quoted £55 to fix it (just replacing part of it) so he gets the work. Next thing he rings to say it needs another part so it's now £120. Pick the car up and it sounds like the exhaust is about to drop off and engine keeps cutting out (engine management light). He then explains that the "adapter" he bought wasn't fit right which sets off alarm bells for me as I thought I was getting replacement parts, not a bodge using adapters? Wish I'd just paid the full price now, tbh, and saved the hassle. That said, the exhaust hasn't fallen off yet after 9 months, just a bit noisy and scrapes when I go over speed bumps when people are sat in the back.

In summary, shysters the lot of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.