Main dealer car rip off

The garage I used made a serious point of listing serial parts numbers and even going as far as to itemize the oil as he said if there was an issue down the line with regard to warranty repair is is far more difficult for them to refute a claim if the recommended parts which are not overtly more expensive have been used .He said detailed records if you were to service your car outside of the network will prove that I have looked after the vehicle to dealer specification. Might have put around another 10-15% on my already reasonable non franchise bill.

Have a quick gander at this ..

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/35704/watchdog-keeping-your-warranty-valid

I worked in the industry mate, main dealer for 3 years and then as a supplier of third party OEM.

BMW would ring me up for a full service kit for a 5 series 65 plate including oil and we would supply and ive no doubt the £50 quid kit was passed off as genuine BMW and it cost some poor **** £500.

Made my blood boil but honestly, the parts used just have to be OEM and they dont have to be manufacturer parts as they are identical tech wise, badge aside. Its industry spec.

Note. This is service parts only and not a wishbone that has failed under warranty or a battery etc etc. That work will be paid for by the dealership and they will rightfully insist on it being done by them.

Fuck are people doing going for MOTs?

I swap my car every 2 years for a brand new (or as near as possible) version of the same car so never need an MOT.

I worked in the industry mate, main dealer for 3 years and then as a supplier of third party OEM.

BMW would ring me up for a full service kit for a 5 series 65 plate including oil and we would supply and ive no doubt the £50 quid kit was passed off as genuine BMW and it cost some poor **** £500.

Made my blood boil but honestly, the parts used just have to be OEM and they dont have to be manufacturer parts as they are identical tech wise, badge aside. Its industry spec.

Note. This is service parts only and not a wishbone that has failed under warranty or a battery etc etc. That work will be paid for by the dealership and they will rightfully insist on it being done by them.

Maybe our mechanic chap was just being overcautious by listing the original parts numbers but I don't think it ever put more than a score on my bill. I have no doubt that BMW dealerships being high spec marques over inflate the price of a service pack to their customer base but I guess if they did not do this who would then pay for the free coffee and mint imperials ?

Fuck are people doing going for MOTs?

I swap my car every 2 years for a brand new (or as near as possible) version of the same car so never need an MOT.

Suppose its a choice of £40 a year or £250 a month for the PCH you need to get a new car every couple of years ;-)

Unless you're bragging and a rich fucker?

Suppose its a choice of £40 a year or £250 a month for the PCH you need to get a new car every couple of years ;-)

Unless you're bragging and a rich fucker?

My monthly payment has gone up just £8 over the previous 6 years mate.

Never needing an MOT means I don’t get boned for £100s on jobs that don’t need doing.

Not bragging just giving the facts.

Maybe our mechanic chap was just being overtly overcautious by listing the original parts numbers but I don't think it ever put more than a score on my bill. I have no doubt that BMW dealerships over inflate the price of a service pack to their customer base but I guess if they did not do this who would then pay for the free coffee and mint imperials ?

Each to their own mate and a pride of place BMW to someone means they only want what they feel is the best parts for it so im not going to tell someone how to spend their hard earned but i can say with 100% certainty that a mann oil filter is the exact same tech spec as a BMW branded one from the same factory in Poland and a fraction of the price.

As with all engines, regular service and oil change is all they ever need and it cares not a jot as to how it will run because the filter has a Beemer badge on it ;-)

Each to their own mate and a pride of place BMW to someone means they only want what they feel is the best parts for it so im not going to tell someone how to spend their hard earned but i can say with 100% certainty that a mann oil filter is the exact same tech spec as a BMW branded one from the same factory in Poland and a fraction of the price.

As with all engines, regular service and oil change is all they ever need and it cares not a jot as to how it will run because the filter has a Beemer badge on it ;-)

And if all else fails we have the 2015 Consumer Rights Act consolidating existing consumer protection law and affording us dudes a number of new protections and remedies. Amen to that blud.

And if all else fails we have the 2015 Consumer Rights Act consolidating existing consumer protection law and affording us dudes a number of new protections and remedies. Amen to that blud.

Garage bills can be extortionate but you do have rights and if you feel you have been overcharged and ripped off then challenge the robbing fuckers.

If we meekly say nowt and pay they will carry on ripping folk off.

Had a word with my dad now, he’s emailing the garage in the morning I told him that he should threaten them with Watchdog and watch their arses twitch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.