Maine Road FC

MERLIN21

Does anyone follow these. Mate of mine plays for them. Advanced to the next round of the fa cup on saturday. Only about 3 more rounds till the league teams come in. Lets hope they can get that far and get sheff utd or coventry at home

Went to watch them in the cup final against Bacup last season, they started brightly enough but as soon as they went behind their heads dropped and the lost about 5-0 IIRC. Be nice to see them go on a decent FA cup run though.

Sorry to be slow on the uptake, guys. Any interest in Maine Road FC is really appreciated. Here is footage from the game last Saturday when we gained revenge for that Cup Final defeat by Bacup (hence the sound track!!)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTauVVoKQI&list=UUnFeypdkwcA7zE9UWS3XFKQ&index=2&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTauVVo ... ature=plcp</a>

by Alex Miller

We face Warrington Town away (Cantilever Park) in the next round on September 8th. No City game. Get down if you can. Approx £8 adults. City colours very welcome ;-)

I've been to watch them many times and I keep an eye on them when I can't get to go to the matches.

djm68 said:
We face Warrington Town away (Cantilever Park) in the next round of the FA Cup on September 8th. No City game. Get down if you can. Approx £8 adults. City colours very welcome ;-)

Fabulous effort from Road against higher league (and undefeated) opposition. To lose in the last 10 minutes to a stunning goal was no disgrace. I am sure the watching Peter Reid would have agreed we were by far the better team in the first-half. Reidy was there because his foul-mouthed brother was in charge of Warrington. Perhaps we should have invited Peter to be our Manager for the day. It would have been worth it just for the headlines of "Peter Reid Back at Maine Road"!

We made up for it last night (Monday) by being quickly back in action aganst a good Congleton Town side and coming out on top 3-0. 4th in the League -who'd have thought!! ...and all the more commendable coming so soon after the tremendous effort put in on Saturday.

P.S. Good luck to Warrington Town in the next round v Colwyn Bay. Abbey Hey have drawn Halifax!

MERLIN21 said:
Does anyone follow these. Mate of mine plays for them. Advanced to the next round of the fa cup on saturday. Only about 3 more rounds till the league teams come in. Lets hope they can get that far and get sheff utd or coventry at home

Are you not the cnut that has beem ripping everybody off. I'm sure it's merlin21 that everyone wants to lynch.....back in a minute to check some posts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.