Major development / we are getting closer (merged) part 2.

Kinkladze1980 said:
"I know people in the right positions [at City], who have said: 'The one thing we couldn't offer was Champions League football,'" Redknapp said. "But they tell me that they've got one or two players signed already who'll blow your brains out. They're not going to stop until they win the championship and even the Champions League.

vg69868_i-came.jpg

LoveCity said:
Kinkladze1980 said:
"I know people in the right positions [at City], who have said: 'The one thing we couldn't offer was Champions League football,'" Redknapp said. "But they tell me that they've got one or two players signed already who'll blow your brains out. They're not going to stop until they win the championship and even the Champions League.

vg69868_i-came.jpg

ha,ha,ha!......Cant fucking wait to find out whats going down!<br /><br />-- Mon May 09, 2011 11:00 pm --<br /><br />REDKNAPP - CITY WON'T LET UP
Posted 09/05/11 22:37EmailPrintSave

Barclays Prem Winner 11/12 Win Outright: Man City 4/1
Harry Redknapp thinks Manchester City's relentless spending spree will not cease until they have won the title - and claims Roberto Mancini has already sealed one or two blockbuster signings to help him achieve that goal next season.

Redknapp saw his Tottenham team pip City to fourth place last year, but they are unlikely to achieve the same feat this season, having lost ground on their nearest rivals of late.

Anything but a win at Eastlands tomorrow night will mean Tottenham's hopes of bringing Champions League football to White Hart Lane for a second successive season will be over, and Redknapp attributes the Lancastrians' success to the huge spending spree that began with Sheikh Mansour's takeover in September 2008.

The tycoon has parted with more than £300million to fund the signings of players like Carlos Tevez, David Silva and Yaya Toure, who have helped put the club in the FA Cup final and dragged them to the brink of playing in Europe's premier club competition next term.

With the carrot of dining at Europe's top table now all but assured, Redknapp predicts the club's spending spree will continue this summer.

The likes of Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere, Tottenham's Gareth Bale, and a number of the continent's biggest stars have been linked with the club, and Redknapp has claimed that up to two players have already been signed up to help Mancini fight for European and domestic honours next year.

"The man from Abu Dhabi has got so much money, I mean, it isn't like money to him is it?" Redknapp said.

"That's the key. I know people in the right positions there (at City) who have said 'Well, the one thing we couldn't offer was Champions League football.'

"But they tell me they've got one or two players signed already who'll blow your brains out. I mean, that's where they're going.

"They aren't going to stop until they win the championship and even then the Champions League, are they?"

Redknapp's own team surpassed all expectations to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League this year and the 64-year-old thinks City will be good enough to go all the way in Europe next season and win the Barclays Premier League too.

"I think they will the Premier League in the next few years," Redknapp added.

"I think they can be a real force next year. They've got a strong squad which is only going to get better now, because they've got unlimited funds to buy anybody they want, and they can pay the wages.

"They've got players there now earning £200,000 a week. I mean, it's crazy, isn't it? It's another world really, isn't it?"

Redknapp admits there is little he, or most of the other managers in the league, can do to stop City dominating the transfer market.

When asked how he plans to challenge City's dominance, the former Portsmouth boss joked: "I have a long-term plan. I'm going to work hard with the under-nines.

"What can you do though?" he added. "I don't know. We'll have another go next year. We've got good players here. It's hard but we are close this year."

Redknapp's hopes of upsetting the odds and beating Mancini's side took a blow when it was confirmed that Bale would miss the club's remaining three matches.

The Welshman ruptured an ankle ligament during Saturday's 1-1 draw against Blackpool but should be fit for pre-season training in July.

Losing the man who has performed at such a high level this term is obviously a concern for Redknapp but he is hopeful his side can cope without him.

He does concede, however, that only a dose of divine intervention will help out-of-form Tottenham overturn the six-point gap which separates them and City to claim fourth spot.

"It will take a miracle (to finish fourth)," Redknapp said. "Mancini has got a fantastic squad. They're in a great position. They are six points ahead of us and they have a better goal difference by miles."

LoveCity said:
Kinkladze1980 said:

vg69868_i-came.jpg

That is funny, i laughed out loud. Very good.

Damocles said:
Juve just drew with Chievo; definitely out of CL for next season and probably out of EL too.

I was flicking back and forth between this match and the Fulham/Liverpool and I could have sworn that it showed Kia Joorabchian in the crowd. Does he represent any other well known player apart from Tevez?

Kinkladze1980 said:

glee-gleeks-shock.gif

glee-shock.gif

Chuck_norris_approves_gif_by_merovech1.gif

tumblr_ldrfluYAJ01qbstk4.gif

eddie c 123 said:
Anyone reckon tomorrows papers have news related to what bombo has been saying?

If the sole aim is to unsettle us to try and throw everything away, tomorrow morning would be your best bet. A loss to Spurs could have dramatic consequences, so you can be sure everyone will be trying their fucking damnedest to make it happen.

City Raider said:
i just find it sad that in the same week we might clinch cl football for the first time ever and win our first trophy in we all know how long - that there is so much willing speculation about the future of our manager

actually not sad, it astounds me
Wasted half an hour thinking of some suitable put down. But couldn't get beyond insults. I'm glad that another blue shared my reaction. Bluemoon might always be engaging, but sometimes it's really disappointing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.