Making an offer on a house

york away to this! said:
Tuearts right boot said:
Detest the slimey fuckers,I wouldn't give them an inch to be honest.
We made an offer on a house 4 months ago asking price was £189500,offered £175000 to be told there was an offer a lot nearer on the table.I told them we were cash buyers.The EA was angleing for a deal.I refused to move and within a week he was pleading with me to up my offer,rather pathetic.We ended up buying next door and the original house is still up for sale. I'd say offer 10% less and prepare to meet halfway. failing that,ask the slimey fucker outright what is the lowest they will take. And then don't believe him.

that's a bit harsh, she's only trying to buy the house too - though I understand your point of view.

Any chance of a couple of pictures of this fine young first time buyer so we may form an opinion?
Ask and you shall receive:
Conchita-Wurst.jpg

aguero93:20 said:
york away to this! said:
Tuearts right boot said:
Detest the slimey fuckers,I wouldn't give them an inch to be honest.
We made an offer on a house 4 months ago asking price was £189500,offered £175000 to be told there was an offer a lot nearer on the table.I told them we were cash buyers.The EA was angleing for a deal.I refused to move and within a week he was pleading with me to up my offer,rather pathetic.We ended up buying next door and the original house is still up for sale. I'd say offer 10% less and prepare to meet halfway. failing that,ask the slimey fucker outright what is the lowest they will take. And then don't believe him.

that's a bit harsh, she's only trying to buy the house too - though I understand your point of view.

Any chance of a couple of pictures of this fine young first time buyer so we may form an opinion?
Ask and you shall receive:
Conchita-Wurst.jpg

gosh - she's a little minx...

Offer them 10% off. You can try asking them to take it off the market, but only an idiot would comply. Be warned a significant % of houses are now selling for more than the asking price. And you will get a full structural survey done won't you?

Thanks all for you advice and your replies.

If anyone's interested I put an offer in this morning, but I'm led to believe by the estate agent someone else has too. Reading between the lines the estate agent pretty much told me the other person's offer which was ever so slightly higher that the one I put forward, but we're talking hundreds rather than thousands. I'm planning on matching this offer but leaving it at that.

The house is immaculate (the same can't be said for the girl who was also viewing at the same time as me) and I had a friend with me who knows about buildings, he said there's nothing major to worry about, but I'd get a survey done too.

See what happens . . . . .

Wafty Cranker said:

If anyone's interested I put an offer in this morning, but I'm led to believe by the estate agent someone else has too. Reading between the lines the estate agent pretty much told me the other person's offer which was ever so slightly higher that the one I put forward, but we're talking hundreds rather than thousands. I'm planning on matching this offer but leaving it at that.

The house is immaculate (the same can't be said for the girl who was also viewing at the same time as me) and I had a friend with me who knows about buildings, he said there's nothing major to worry about, but I'd get a survey done too.

Nobody else has made an offer on the house

Wafty Cranker said:

What percentage did you go below the asking price? If you are hundred of pounds apart the seller will reject you both so dont up your offer yet.

Never forget that the estate agent is working for the vendor and judge anything they say accordingly. Also some agents overprice houses to get the business while others underprice to ensure a quick sale. Helpful if you can find out which camp that particular agent falls into.

If it's new on the market then the vendors aren't likely to accept a daft offer so early. Check on Mouseprice to see what houses round of a similar type there are actually selling at.

117 M34 said:
Wafty Cranker said:

Nobody else has made an offer on the house

but the estate agents says they have
iStock_slimey.jpg

Research the market, take advice, trust your own judgement and then make an offer.

Chances are you'll get it as right as most people do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.