Making plans for Nigel

Blue Dan

Bummin a ride on the Rock n' Rollercoaster
I've noticed that a lot of people are assuming that De Jong will now play the holding role and Vinny will drop into the centre of defence. However, despite their problems this season that would surely involve dropping either Dunne (still club captain) or Richards and I can't see that happening.

There has been a lot of talk all season of us needing more steel in midfield, so does anyone else think that maybe we'll see Vinny and Nige in midfield together? I reckon it's exactly what we need for tough away games.

I imagine it would look something like:

GK: Hart

RB: Zabaleta
CB: Richards
CB: Dunne
LB: Bridge

RM: SWP
CDM: Kompany
CDM: De Jong
LM: Robinho
AM: Ireland

ST: Bellamy

Thoughts?

Thats a good formation especially for away matches but Dunne is missing for the next 4 matches so Kompany could drop back for those or Ned gets a run.

are you seriously suggesting that either micah or richard are undroppable?

personally i hope kompany plays at dm alongside de jong, they are a nice match, one tall and technical, the other short and quick.

micah is gonna play rb for a while unless i am very much mistaken. zab is now in contention for two positions or could play rm in a 4-4-2. no problem, how often do we ever get to field our first choice team?

im sure at least one cb will join before the window closes

I think Richards is finished as a centre half. He knows it, we know it and Hughes knows it. The only way he will get in the side is if he plays right back.

That leaves Dunne, Onouha and Ben Haim as centre half's and with Dunne out for 4 games and Ben Haim being shite then i would imagine that Kompany would slot back into defence where IMO i think he is best alongside Onouha.

I wouldn't be suprised if we saw this team at home.

RB: Zabaleta
CB: Onouha
CB: Kompany

CM: Elano
CM: Ireland

ST: Bellamy/Sturrudge/Big Phil

and this team away

RB: Richards
CB: Onouha

CDM: Zabaleta

ST: Bellamy/Sturrudge/Big Phil

could be.

or maybe we'll see a little of both. i think if we play 1 dm we have a little bit of competition at center half. even with two we have some competition if ned stays healthy.

i think Vinnie's better as a center half, and Zab isn't half bad as a DM. if i recall i've seen Nigel play center half early in his career too. good to have options in the back it's what we've been missing. (well there are other things we're missing, but it's a big one).

I don't want RSC and I doubt it'll happen.

GK: Hart (Given)

RB: Richards
CB: Onuoha

DM: De Jong
DM: Zabaleta
LM/LW: Robinho
RM/RW: SWP

CF: Bellamy

This team is the team I hope we play on Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.