Malaga

uncle fester

Just back after a few days in southern Spain to tie in with the carnival

Absolutely loved Malaga and the weather made for a nice bonus - by way of a change decided to toodle along the coast towards Marbella via the Torremolinos/Benalmadena/Fuengirola strip - talk about a contrast!

Now let me say straight up, if the whole costa British/Irish bar, full English and pub singers/karaoke is your thing then absolutely go for it - I was just struck by how these places are less than 45 mins away from Malaga but its like another world

Anyways I'm now back to the cold and work tomorrow - last night I was watching this guy

Benalmedena strip is indeed awful, though the shitness isn't solely confined to Brit shit. The Spanish also have a lot of naffness there as well.
However, in stark contrast to the coast, Benalmedina Pueblo a few miles inland is a really nice little town with full on Spanishness and not a union jack in sight.

Benalmedena strip is indeed awful, though the shitness isn't solely confined to Brit shit. The Spanish also have a lot of naffness there as well.
However, in stark contrast to the coast, Benalmedina Pueblo a few miles inland is a really nice little town with full on Spanishness and not a union jack in sight.

Cycled down to this place from Malaga. We only turned back when I spotted a red shirt in the distance! It's much nicer going the other way to Rincon!

The Pueblo is wonderful. Had a lovely meal in a place in Plaza d'Espana up there. Mijas is another lovely place to visit inland as well.

I like the resorts like the ones you're being so snooty about. They cater for all the things I want from a holiday. The only thing that is spoiling these places is the Russians.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.