Male suicide /fundraising (Minister appointed p4)

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
As some of you may be aware i'm attempting my first ever Triathlon end of September.

I'm hoping to raise some funds for a friends charity who's son committed suicide last year aged only 24. The funds are being raised to help under privileged children learn to play musical instruments, something he was gifted at.

The Matthew Nicholls Foundation
The Matthew Nicholls Foundation has been set up by Matt’s parents, Rachel and Rob after Matt, aged 24, completely unexpectedly took his own life in July 2017. As a naturally gifted musician Matthew had the very best opportunities that enabled him to excel. The reality though for many children is wildly different. Even if they are inherently gifted, this talent can easily go to waste if it is not identified and supported during those crucial early years. With educational challenges, we are in real danger of losing a generation of musicians. The Matthew Nicholls Foundation has been established to enable young people to develop their musical abilities. The Foundation believes that all young people should have the opportunity to foster musical understanding and skills for the benefit of themselves and the wider community. In particular the Foundation aims to support young people who have the motivation to further their skills but have significant financial and/or social difficulties that are a barrier to the further development of their musical abilities. We are working in collaboration with local services and professional music educationalists to ensure that young people with life challenges and musical potential benefit from money raised.

All donations no matter how small would be greatly appreciated.

Link below.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundrais...&utm_source=postoffice&utm_term=1534765375078

Thanks.

Inchy.

Statistics make sad reading regarding suicide and gender. Men 'win' this game it seems.. To my mind, it would be even more unsettling if the data shown that it were women who tended to successfully kill themselves. Somehow the idea of men suffering is more palatable than women suffering.

Just watched programme on BBC 2.
Very, very sad.

If you do feel suicidal please speak to someone.

Please look out for your mates.

Will endeavour to make a donation on pay day mate.

Currently raising money for a cancer charity for the Great North Run, but afterwards have decided to start a 2 year fundraising (through running, cycling and tri's) for CALM (male suicide awareness). Best of luck to you.

Will endeavour to make a donation on pay day mate.

Currently raising money for a cancer charity for the Great North Run, but afterwards have decided to start a 2 year fundraising (through running, cycling and tri's) for CALM (male suicide awareness). Best of luck to you.

Thanks mate, let me know when you start the fund raising for CALM and i'll happily help out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.