Man Arrested for trying to sell Pep’s hacked emails

In terms of Francis that simply isn't correct. I've heard him talk very fondly on TV of his time with us and about City supporters too.
Trevor Francis still holds a grudge against the club he said he hasn't forgiven for what he described at the time as false promises , he was told further stars would follow his record transfer

Front page of The Sun today. Hardly a splash.

A 'rogue IT worker'

Appears we might well have people working inside the club against us?
former-footballer-ian-rush-spotted-looking-at-laptop-outside-sam-sara-E355DG.jpg

Our organizational security is all over the place.

We get our corporate emails hacked and now that's used to cause us the potential problem and losses of at least 200 million.

Liverpool hack our scouting database and find, amongst other, our info about Coutinho who they later bought and sold for profit that helps them significantly to close the gap on us and open their own.

Pep's emails get hacked by some contractor and God knows ehat kind of important info is exposed.

And on top of that, someone from our camp is leaking team line-ups and tactics to journalist before one of the most important games in club's history.

The heads should roll for this inside the club.

Trevor Francis still holds a grudge against the club he said he hasn't forgiven for what he described at the time as false promises , he was told further stars would follow his record transfer
1. You said he never had a good word to say about City. That is not correct. I have heard him say good things about City.

2. Are you actually suggesting that Francis has openly said he “hasn’t forgiven” the club for some promise that Peter Swales made him some 38 years ago, or are you paraphrasing?

He was here for less than a season, much of which he was injured for, following which he went to a World Cup with England, and it provided a stepping stone for a big money move to Sampdoria. What reason would he have for not forgiving the club?

Seems a strange thing to say in the circumstances.

Let's be honest, our IT security is probably no worse than any other club. The difference is that no other club has been subject to the sort of 10 year smear campaign that makes people think it might be worth hacking into their systems.
That's irrelevant, our club should be run far better in term of IT security.

The leaking of team sheets should be nipped in the bud very, very quickly and if it is coming from a player, whoever and whatever his status they should be severely punished and transfer listed.

1. You said he never had a good word to say about City. That is not correct. I have heard him say good things about City.

2. Are you actually suggesting that Francis has openly said he “hasn’t forgiven” the club for some promise that Peter Swales made him some 38 years ago, or are you paraphrasing?

He was here for less than a season, much of which he was injured for, following which he went to a World Cup with England, and it provided a stepping stone for a big money move to Sampdoria. What reason would he have for not forgiving the club?

Seems a strange thing to say in the circumstances.

When I was 12, I spent my school dinner money - a whole one pound, IIRC - on opening an account at the Cheshire Building Society on Wilbraham Road in Chorlton because everyone who opened an account that day got their picture taken with Trevor Francis. I was gutted when we sold him, for a loss of £400K on what we paid for him as well, after using him in adverts on Piccadilly Radio for season tickets for the following season and after Swales promising that there was no way he'd be sold. The sale did serious damage to our status as one of the big clubs of English football IMO.

I've heard Francis say before that he was disappointed to leave City. He was happy at the club and thought that we could have had success had he stayed and had we invested in the team as promised to him when he signed. But other comments I've heard him make suggest that he had a lot of time for the club and the fans, and could distinguish between those elements of MCFC on the one hand and a board of directors by whose abilities he wasn't impressed on the other. I've been in the company of Rodney Marsh, who loved the club and the fans but was upset by the way the board handled his departure, and heard him express very similar views. Some fans can't tell the difference, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I've heard Francis say before that he was disappointed to leave City. He was happy at the club and thought that we could have had success had he stayed and had we invested in the team as promised to him when he signed. But other comments I've heard him make suggest that he had a lot of time for the club and the fans, and could distinguish between those elements of MCFC and a board of directors by whose abilities he wasn't impressed.
That’s essentially what I heard him say, don’t know if it was the same extract. I get the strong vibe that he had little or no time (or respect) for Swales. I recall him previously saying there were some issues around his wages being paid on time, which sounds typically like small-time Swales to me. What an utter fucking clown that man was.

However, as you say, it didn’t appear to allow that to cloud his wider views about the club, its supporters and his time here, certainly based on what I’ve heard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.