Man City 3 Blackpool 0 08/08/98

The place was full as far as I remember and you got the feeling that this was an act of defiance from the City fans. It's where the loyal tag came from, we kept going in our droves even after being relegated to division fucking three! We always had brilliant crowds right up until the Pearce reign when attendances understandably dropped off.
I enjoyed those two years of successive promotions, not in the same class as Keegans promotion side but we signed the Goat, had some top performers in Weaver, Morrison and Kennedy and a few great away days to boot.

''Led by a slimmed down Jamie Pollock''

Good to see Tschadze's goal (or however his name is spelt) - I think we got stuffed by eventual champions (Kevin Keegan's) Fulham 4-0 in the next game and Tschadze did his cruciate ligament in and never played again :(

Yep! Unlike York away I was there. Gary Mason had a great debut, thought he'd be the future of our midfield, must have had too many pints

Remember thinking we were going to piss the league after that....went to Fulham the week after for the Sky Friday night game and we got hammered 3-0! Typical City was well and truly alive and kicking!

Yep! Unlike York away I was there. Gary Mason had a great debut, thought he'd be the future of our midfield, must have had too many pints
Heavy drinking was understandable that day...it was blazing hot .sat in the main stand for some reason,cant remember why..
I used to think Gary Mason was a neat and tidy midfield player,but i too used to drink a lot in those days...

bloody hell where has the time gone. Agree on gary mason, looked a great player early doors. Scottish Gazza.

superb two seasons that and i believe it was the first season i was introduced to alcohol at away games.

i thought we were gonna stroll the league after that, who could of known how it would end....

My first son was due to be born that day so was sat there thinking I will get an announcement at some point to get to the hospital.Fortunately he decided to pop out 2 of days before the Wrexham game a couple of weeks later.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.