Man City fan sites on YouTube

The perfect fumble

The official City site on YouTube is recognised as the best Premier League YouTube channel by some margin. Its success has prompted United to reluctantly launch their own site but most, if not all, Premier League clubs have an official YouTube site.

Where City falls short is in "independent" fan sites.

Since the demise of Blue Moon Rising TV, City does not have a recognised fan channel in the mode of Redmen TV...

https://www.youtube.com/user/WeAreTheRedmen

Or FullTimeDevils.....

https://www.youtube.com/user/FullTimeDevils

What it does have is a real mishmash of vlogs and commentary veering in quality from the very professional to shoestring sites, all of which are generated out of love for the club, but, with the greatest respect, vary in quality and output.

Here are some of the ones I watch regularly, in no order of preference or content....

(Four more channels listed in next post)

If anyone knows of any more City fan sites I'd be interested to see them.

I'd like a general discussion as to why City can't maintain a fan channel. Whether fan channels are worth supporting and so on.

What I don't want is people slagging off those fans who do produce City themed YouTube channels, they all do it out of a love for City and some of them devote a great deal of time to it with no recompense.

The demise of BMRTV has shown that there wasn’t enough money to be made out of it and the backers pulled the plug for that reason. I believe they even asked the presenters to work for nowt.

It is sad to see the that even the fantastic Cheesy vlogs don’t get anything like the views of other fan channels despite the gulf in quality and many of those other channels haven’t got a clue what they’re talking about.

The demise of BMRTV has shown that there wasn’t enough money to be made out of it and the backers pulled the plug for that reason. I believe they even asked the presenters to work for nowt.

It is sad to see the that even the fantastic Cheesy vlogs don’t get anything like the views of other fan channels despite the gulf in quality and many of those other channels haven’t got a clue what they’re talking about.

The rag fan channels regularly take the piss out of ickle City for not being able to maintain or own fan channel, but you're right about Ian Cheeseman's vlogs, they're top quality but get so few hits.

Esteemed Kompany is probably the closest thing we're going to get to BMRTV now, minus the fan cams.

I do miss that segment they had called Walter's glass half full, what a legend.

The rags only got an official you tube channel a few weeks ago. They've got no reason to take piss.

The rags only got an official you tube channel a few weeks ago. They've got no reason to take piss.

Maybe because unlike the rags and Arses we have plenty to occupy us on the pitch and have had for some time so no need to rant and rave about past glories or brag how we stole a signing off another club at massive cost and so on - Ian Cheeseman is the one I am subscribed to on YT

The rags wanted to keep everything subscription to MUTV, they don't like giving content out for the paltry money YouTube generates, but the success of the official City site on YouTube changed all that.

Maybe because unlike the rags and Arses we have plenty to occupy us on the pitch and have had for some time so no need to rant and rave about past glories or brag how we stole a signing off another club at massive cost and so on - Ian Cheeseman is the one I am subscribed to on YT

Same here. Cheesy still uses his BBC training well and reports without too much bias despite his audience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.