Man City (Inadvertently) saves French club

So we actually have done nothing but pay a transfer fee?

Little misleading this thread.
Yes a little misleading, but, and this is what really pisses me off about the bitterness of our good fortune, our owner has thrown money at football and not for the first time this money has trickled down the footballing tiers, rather than an owner sucking money out of the game

We get a quality player
The player gets to play champions league football and potentially win a lot of trophies
The French club get a cut of the money

Everybody wins.

Absolutely disgusting by Man City. Should be banned from all football for a year.
On a serious note. This is why I love this club and why we are the best team in the world.

I dont know why that would make you love City more, Its FIFA that made the rule.

There should be automatic clauses for things like this, IMO. If a player leaves the club whose academy he went through, say before 22, and then makes another move down the line, that first club should get something (minimal) like 5%-10% of the transfer fee. And if it was automatically applied to all transfers then it would be fair and would help small clubs like this French club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.