Man City plan £37 million double raid

Max_Headroom

Roberto Mancini accepts that his job at Manchester City may not be guaranteed in the long-term but that has not stopped him from plans to strengthen the squad.

Mancini plans a £37 million double raid on Lille for striker Eden Hazard and left-back Lucas Digne, according to The Sun.

The Italian is desperate to avoid a repeat of the last three months that have shown his expensive assembled squad found wanting after losing key midfielders and defenders to international duty and injury.

His position at the Etihad Stadium has become the subject of intense speculation after his side stuttered in the Barclays Premier League title race over the past month in particular.

Although his job is currently safe, it could change if City continue to implode during the last seven games starting with Sunday’s clash at Arsenal.

City, having led the table for most of the season, now trail rivals Manchester United by five points with seven games remaining.

Mancini, who succeeded Mark Hughes in December 2009, said: "I started my job two-and-a-half years ago and from that moment I think we have improved a lot as a team, as players, as a club."

If Mancini does stay, he wants to ensure the same difficulties do not re-occur in 12 months time.

He said: “We lost Yaya and Kolo Toure for the African Nations Cup, had some injuries and lost Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott and Sergio Aguero in the last two games. Maybe next year if we lose two important players, we can have another two good players and we can change.

“We finished our job to build a strong team. Now it’s enough to put in three or four more players with a strong mentality.”

Belgian superstar Hazard is high on City’s wishlist after Mancini made a personal check on the £30m-rated winger.

Mancini also wants Digne, 18, a French youth international who recently broke into the first team.

But the Italian reckons these last few weeks have shown United have the squad to go the distance.

He said: “The difference is in 20 players, not the 11, and because they are used to staying on top, they play without problems.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/560842631?-1808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/560842631?-1808</a>

It is The Sun, so a large pinch of salt is required, but I can only imagine he might want a new left back as back-up to Clichy if and when Kolarov is sold in the summer.

Kun Aguero said:
Could someone tell me how good Lucas Digne is.Is he good enough play in the Premiership just now?

What are his strengths?
Haven't actually seen him but read on here that he's a big strong bloke who'd be suited to the Premier league. He's played a number of positions for Lille which is a plus. Solid attacking as well as defending.

Hopefully he's a combination of Clichy's defense and Kolarov's attacking.

Adam-mcfc said:
Kun Aguero said:
Could someone tell me how good Lucas Digne is.Is he good enough play in the Premiership just now?

What are his strengths?
Haven't actually seen him but read on here that he's a big strong bloke who'd be suited to the Premier league. He's played a number of positions for Lille which is a plus. Solid attacking as well as defending.

RM Is fucking clueless that for sure now. YOU GOT GREAT SQUAD YOU SPENT ALOMOST HALF A BILLION AND YOU CANT WIN ANYTHING? YOU ARE RETARDED AND NOT EVEN CLOSE AT BEAING A REAL MANAGER. btw Hazard is good but Digne is shit dont know what he can bring us.

bmcity said:
Adam-mcfc said:
Kun Aguero said:

What are his strengths?

RM Is fucking clueless that for sure now. YOU GOT GREAT SQUAD YOU SPENT ALOMOST HALF A BILLION AND YOU CANT WIN ANYTHING? YOU ARE RETARDED AND NOT EVEN CLOSE AT BEAING A REAL MANAGER. btw Hazard is good but Digne is shit dont know what he can bring us.

Hmmm....

bmcity said:
Adam-mcfc said:
Kun Aguero said:

What are his strengths?

cheers for that. it makes it so much easier for me.

de niro said:
bmcity said:
Adam-mcfc said:

cheers for that. it makes it so much easier for me.

Carpeted, lol.

bmcity said:
Adam-mcfc said:
Kun Aguero said:

What are his strengths?

Jeez man don't you know being a wum is a fine art?

F Must try harder.

Also, no more kids Mancini ffs, i like Savic but we can barely afford to nurture his progress let alone more kids.

Yes we will have kids come through in the future but the next 2 years at city is no place for kids imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.