Man City TV Launched

Why not release it as a beta, communicate as such and select a limited test base or open it for all but not charge whilst they iron out its faults and roll it out to all platforms?

I will not pay for something that just doesnt work and what pisses me off is they promote a product like this which they must know isn't fit for purpose and ask for my bank details and money.

No!

Nice to see there's some things we can agree on ;-)

source.gif

"Fuck it! Let's launch it anyway"

They should of said subscribe its free for a month because we still working on it and there could be some teething problems!
Not saying anything and giving no feedback is one of the biggest pet hates of developers and maintenance teams, if they don't know then how will they fix it? They NEED to be hassled about this as much as possible, the problem is they have not provided any proper method of feedback that is credible, so have shot themselves in the foot.

Gonna give this another go tomorrow and if nothing happens will get rid.

Seems people with the Roku sticks have it working, i got mine from the LG apps store on the tele and it didn't work. I did notice Man City digital team tweeted they were going to look into what might be wrong.

Just been on it, first time since i couldn't get the match and can watch the videos ok.

Last edited:
Its there on the app. Replay the season: Premier League 2018/19 and Centurions: 2017/18 Champions. If you click on View All for either season the games do not load and the app freezes.
They don't show up on mine, any idea if it would be the old app and if so, does anyone know if the latest version is on Roku?

Had my email back confirming cancellation and the usual apologies.

I had it on firestick but the email did mention that they have resubmitted a working app to LG for their approval so for those with LG maybe its going to get sorted for you?

God be with the days before social media. Everything was so much simpler then. None of this pissing around asia pre season. Got a chance to see city play some local sides and got a report in the next days press. These games are irrelevant from a footballing point of view.

Not irrelevant really. Think about it. How can we watch fantastic football every week? Not because we pay for our seat every week. A lot of the money comes from sponsorship. These companies want a return for their money. Global advertising of their products brings them money which brings us money. China is the place to be seen at present because of the strength of support. Show of your product, in our case the football we play, this is watched by millions and that in turn puts our sponsors on show as well.

So not really irrelevant from a football point of view because it brings in the money that allows us watch players and win trophies.

I launched this foam flecked reply to their disinterested response to my problems on Wednesday

Hi Graeme

Thanks for your reply.

To answer your questions – we watched the Hong Kong match livestream via an Amazon firestick and it worked only very spasmodically, continually buffering and off air for long periods, which ruined our enjoyment of the game. The quality of what you actually did manage to broadcast in terms of picture, audio and commentary was really well below acceptable standards

If you haven’t already check out this fans forum for the general reaction to the launch of your paid subscription service.

In my opinion a full apology should be made by the Club for Wednesday’s fiasco and you should do everything in your power to ensure tomorrow’s tour match transmission is problem free and that the commentary team is up to the job.

In addition, the pre-match advertising and general site information together with its overall functionality is just not comparable with what has been offered for many years by rival PL clubs.

Are you also aware there are serious video fullscreen /grey out problems on the OS too, these have been uncorrected for months.

Do you actually do any end-user testing? Look, I am trying to be measured in my criticism here but our fantastic club’s reputation is being actively harmed by its consistently poor online performance in many areas, to be frank it’s become a joke.

Also please explain why was there no response to my other emails included below about difficulties of pairing and subscribing ?

Regards,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.