Man City V Barcelona Pre Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephenhakin said:
Burtonblue said:
Stephenhakin said:
That's what I am thinking and Barca ain't exactly full of speed in the middle nor is Lampards rivals for a starting berth.
Yep
Lots of posters here wanting MP to play two up front from kick off.
That would be suicidal imho as it has never worked for us in Europe v the better sides. We need 5 in midfield.
The most important thing is to stop Barca bossing the mide of the park and Lampard has been there and done it before against them.
We are going to need quality and experience in the middle and he will give us that. Absolute shoe in for me.

Definitely. Plus if Jimmy is fit I would have him and Frank sitting and allow Fernandinho to use his pace to help out Samir, Merlin and Kun.

No Jimmy so I would go

Hart
Zabba
Clichy
Mangala
Kompany
Fernando
Lampard
Fernandinho
Nasri
Silva
Aguero

Stephenhakin said:
Stephenhakin said:
Burtonblue said:
Yep
That would be suicidal imho as it has never worked for us in Europe v the better sides. We need 5 in midfield.
The most important thing is to stop Barca bossing the mide of the park and Lampard has been there and done it before against them.
We are going to need quality and experience in the middle and he will give us that. Absolute shoe in for me.

Definitely. Plus if Jimmy is fit I would have him and Frank sitting and allow Fernandinho to use his pace to help out Samir, Merlin and Kun.

No Jimmy so I would go

Hart
Zabba
Clichy
Mangala
Kompany
Fernando
Lampard
Fernandinho
Nasri
Silva
Aguero

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Clichy

Fernando Lampard
Fernandinho
Nasri Silva
Aguero

Stephenhakin said:
Stephenhakin said:
Burtonblue said:
Yep

No Jimmy so I would go

Hart
Zabba
Clichy
Mangala
Kompany
Fernando
Lampard
Fernandinho
Nasri
Silva
Aguero

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Clichy

Fernando Lampard
Fernandinho
Nasri Silva
Aguero

Here's a few blues' thoughts on tomorrow's game. Seems there is a different mindset to this time last year...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h1CPniZeBI[/video]

I think it should be 442 with Dzeko as central striker and Kun behind him. Last year during the 2 games the only time City were superior to Barca was in the second half at Camp Nou when we had Dzeko upfront and later Negredo with him. Their defenders have problems with guys like Dzeko and I think he can keep them busy and Kun can benefit from that. Also defense is weaker part of their squad and this season strangely their midfield is poor too but the front 3 are awesome. we should go for it.

Hart
Sagna Kompany Mangala Clichy

Fernandinho Fernando

Nasri Silva
Kun
Dzeko

Looking at the team from last year

01 Hart
05 Zabaleta 22 Clichy
42 Y Touré
04 Kompany
26 Demichelis
15 Jesús Navas
25 Fernandinho
09 Negredo
21 Silva
13 Kolarov

pazzo said:
I think it should be 442 with Dzeko as central striker and Kun behind him. Last year during the 2 games the only time City were superior to Barca was in the second half at Camp Nou when we had Dzeko upfront and later Negredo with him. Their defenders have problems with guys like Dzeko and I think he can keep them busy and Kun can benefit from that. Also defense is weaker part of their squad and this season strangely their midfield is poor too but the front 3 are awesome. we should go for it.

Hart
Sagna Kompany Mangala Clichy

Fernandinho Fernando

Nasri Silva
Kun
Dzeko

I'm watching the match from behind my sofa if he picks this team.

Stephenhakin said:
hkcityblue said:
I find it incredible to believe that some people think, or even are suggesting, starting Lampard v Barcelona. It would be suicidal

Why's that? Are Barca full of pace in the middle? I believe we need someone who has been there done that. Experience is vital in these games. Even if its only an hour.

They are not full of pace granted, but they move the ball around too quickly and that won't suit him. I'm all for him featuring but not as a part of the starting 11. His experience maybe more useful in sec one half, or second leg (depending on the scoreline obviously). I would go with Dzeko and Kun to begin with.

hkcityblue said:
Stephenhakin said:
hkcityblue said:
I find it incredible to believe that some people think, or even are suggesting, starting Lampard v Barcelona. It would be suicidal

Why's that? Are Barca full of pace in the middle? I believe we need someone who has been there done that. Experience is vital in these games. Even if its only an hour.

They are not full of pace granted, but they move the ball around too quickly and that won't suit him. I'm all for him featuring but not as a part of the starting 11. His experience maybe more useful in sec one half, or second leg (depending on the scoreline obviously). I would go with Dzeko and Kun to begin with.
going with 2 strikers would be suicide, they would just pass around us easily. That Bayern humiliation last season is good example of that.

Haven't they just come off an 11 game winning streak? Yes they lost at the weekend, but I doubt that has shattered their mentality at all. If we play somewhat defensively I can see us cancelling them out at the very least, but if we go at them, I expect them to some damage right back at us.

Gaining control of the midfield without Yaya will be some task, I want to say Nasri should try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.