Man city v man united U18

2-2 FT. We are head & shoulders above them at all levels. Played an hour with 10 men but you wouldn't notice. Had a great chance with the last kick of the game to win it but struck it straight at their goalie.

Good result considering we were fucked over twice.

I left this match feeling quite angry. The sending off of Robinson seemed very hardsh to me asthere were so many players involved in the melee which followed when he and the Utd left back squared up to each other. I felt it was their number 7 who really kicked it off when he ran from behind Robinson and appeared to clout him on the back of the head.I actually thought he butted him.That same number 7 also had at least two players around the throat as it all went silly.

The linesman from the others side ( 60 yards away) raced across and it looked like he might have had an influence in the decisions taken. Loads of players I am sure , on both sides, could have done anough to get sent off .To pick on one and imo not the right one was poor. Their left back who was initially involved also seemed to have taken to diving as his key skill. Right in front of the crowd he kept running down the wing and when he realised he had nowhere to go he threw himself over and kept winning fouls he didn't deserve.

It got worse for us of course when he was further forward just outside the box when he threw himself over again and the ref gave a pen.Total joke.

Despite being with 10 men for most of the game we still looked the better team and could have won. Right near the end we had 2 great chances but the keeper blocked them. Moulden did make a couple of good saves for us too.

Cole Palmer back after injury looked real quality today and his set up for the first goal is well worth watching if you get the chance. He has excellent quick feet and a good knack of finding space. Great to see him back.

I left this match feeling quite angry. The sending off of Robinson seemed very hardsh to me asthere were so many players involved in the melee which followed when he and the Utd left back squared up to each other. I felt it was their number 7 who really kicked it off when he ran from behind Robinson and appeared to clout him on the back of the head.I actually thought he butted him.That same number 7 also had at least two players around the throat as it all went silly.

The linesman from the others side ( 60 yards away) raced across and it looked like he might have had an influence in the decisions taken. Loads of players I am sure , on both sides, could have done anough to get sent off .To pick on one and imo not the right one was poor. Their left back who was initially involved also seemed to have taken to diving as his key skill. Right in front of the crowd he kept running down the wing and when he realised he had nowhere to go he threw himself over and kept winning fouls he didn't deserve.

It got worse for us of course when he was further forward just outside the box when he threw himself over again and the ref gave a pen.Total joke.

Despite being with 10 men for most of the game we still looked the better team and could have won. Right near the end we had 2 great chances but the keeper blocked them. Moulden did make a couple of good saves for us too.

Cole Palmer back after injury looked real quality today and his set up for the first goal is well worth watching if you get the chance. He has excellent quick feet and a good knack of finding space. Great to see him back.

Thanks Doug,great report.

Being down to 10 men and at the hands of dodgy officiating,this is an even better result than a victory with 11 IMO - it highlights the gulf in quality,and that will hurt them even more.Great to hear good things about Cole Palmer,does his style remind you of any established players?

Thanks Doug,great report.

Being down to 10 men and at the hands of dodgy officiating,this is an even better result than a victory with 11 IMO - it highlights the gulf in quality,and that will hurt them even more.Great to hear good things about Cole Palmer,does his style remind you of any established players?

I will think about that one on Palmer. Last time I saw him play I think he was pushed into playing as striker ( as Knight was today) which clearly isn't his role in the old fashioned sense of a centre forward. He's very slightly built ( as Knight is but a bit taller) great balance and close control and usually a great first touch. Yet another one to watch.

Taylor Bellis Harwood I thought was good today but his fellow center back had a bit of a mare as he gave the ball away far too often in very dangerous situations at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.