Man notified of burglary via app goes home murders burglar [Liverpool]

The dead guy was trying to steal the other guys drugs. The judge concluded that the only reasonable way the killer could have had that lifestyle without having a job was through being a drug dealer.

Yeah it had to be a targeted break in, what with the convoy of vehicles involved and a getaway driver ready to go.
Assume the burglar got a tip off that there was drugs worth having in the house, and ended up paying with his life.

Whilst it's normally very hard to have any sympathy for burglars, I'm amazed the guy hasn't gone down for murder based on all the reporting of how shit went down that evening.
Going back to slit his throat and still only getting manslaughter? Incredible (but maybe a legal technicality involved or something?)

Yeah it had to be a targeted break in, what with the convoy of vehicles involved and a getaway driver ready to go.
Assume the burglar got a tip off that there was drugs worth having in the house, and ended up paying with his life.

Whilst it's normally very hard to have any sympathy for burglars, I'm amazed the guy hasn't gone down for murder based on all the reporting of how shit went down that evening.
Going back to slit his throat and still only getting manslaughter? Incredible (but maybe a legal technicality involved or something?)

I don't think there was a convincing legal argument for diminished responsibility or loss of self-control (previously known as prosecution). Which would what would prompt a jury to go for manslaughter instead of murder.

Definitely some thickos on that panel.

But that's how jury equity works, they can acquit people just because they feel like it.

As you say, slitting the guys throat, but also being calculated about it and disposing of plates and planning how and when he spoke to the police.

Excuse it being the Echo, but this article goes into a bit more detail of events on the evening, plus some background stuff.
Convicted by a majority of 10-2.....obviously not privy to all the evidence but I'm amazed that 2 people didn't find him guilty of even manslaughter.

Amazing that isn't murder. Let's be honest, the only reason you don't phone the police in that situation is that you've got some stuff in your house that you don't want the police to see.

That or the perpetrator was wearing a Liverpool top at the time, which as we all know, makes people invisible to Merseyside police.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.