Man of the Match - Burton (h)

Man of the Match - Burton (h)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not getting on Gundo’s case – I rate him as a footballer, he’s obviously very skilled – and I wouldn’t even think of booing him, but what I notice is that he destroys the weak and mediocre teams. He doesn’t ever make a difference, doesn’t turn the game around when we’re losing, in the really big games. For that, the big guns of the midfield, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Merlin, can be counted on. I think it’s a question of temperament more than anything else. Anyway, a very good squad player to have, and my vote goes to him for this one.

Jesus for me. Great battling performance. Dave, Gundo and Zin all decent too. Mahrez just not doing it for me though.

Agree. I would like to see more from Mahrez but he's not exactly a waste of space. Scored last night and unfortunate not to bag more from two other excellent strikes; plus he provided an excellent assist for Gabby.

I would have done my usual and gone for Tango Man, and, yes I was wearing his shirt, but the lad ne'er had a save to make that could be called a save, so I go for our Ukie, Zinky. What a goal! I bet Ogden, Ducker, Syed would have loved that one!

Agree. I would like to see more from Mahrez but he's not exactly a waste of space. Scored last night and unfortunate not to bag more from two other excellent strikes; plus he provided an excellent assist for Gabby.

True, but he just doesn’t look like he has what it takes mentally for this team. He doesn’t press with much intensity, he shys out of challenges to the point that he makes Martin Petrov look like Ron Harris, and the step over routine followed by a powder puff cross into the nearest defenders legs or a lay off back to his full back, all point to someone who has the skill but not the heart. When I look at what Bernie does, who's half Riyad’s size, it makes me doubt whether the latter is going to be a good fit for this team. It’s been self-evident before that incoming players need time to adjust to Pep’s methods, so give it time and all that, but I’m struggling to see his worth at the moment

True, but he just doesn’t look like he has what it takes mentally for this team. He doesn’t press with much intensity, he shys out of challenges to the point that he makes Martin Petrov look like Ron Harris, and the step over routine followed by a powder puff cross into the nearest defenders legs or a lay off back to his full back, all point to someone who has the skill but not the heart. When I look at what Bernie does, who's half Riyad’s size, it makes me doubt whether the latter is going to be a good fit for this team. It’s been self-evident before that incoming players need time to adjust to Pep’s methods, so give it time and all that, but I’m struggling to see his worth at the moment
Pep saw something in him and I trust him to drive Mahrez up a notch or 2 in the foreseeable.Not seen anything about Pep which will change this opinion.

What a great week this has been for both Jesus and Gundogan. Against lower league opposition, yes, but that's not stopped them making things difficult for themselves in the past. Glad to see two valuable squad members really stepping up to the plate and taking us through to the next round of both cup competitions so stylishly while increasing their numbers so impressively. Before this week Gundogan had contributed to 7 goals in 22 appearances this season - now he's contributed to 11 in 24. And Jesus, who has really struggled for form at points this season and was basically begging for two games like he's had this week, has now contributed to 15 goals in 26 games. Hopefully this can give us a lift going forward.

Jesus not only scored 4 goals but he worked his backside off. Next Gundogan and Sane.
How Mahrez has got any votes is beyond me. He really needs to step up 2 gears let alone 1.

Pep saw something in him and I trust him to drive Mahrez up a notch or 2 in the foreseeable.Not seen anything about Pep which will change this opinion.

No, me neither. I’m hoping like Bernie and Raz, he will kick on under Pep’s tutelage. He’s unquestionably got bags of skill, but, and I hate to paraphrase Dave Bassett, he also looks like he’s a bit of a ‘fanny dangler’, who needs to add a bit of devilment to his game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.