Man of the Match - Crystal Palace (a)

Man of the Match - Crystal Palace (a)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a good thing though, tbh.
Not normally it isn’t. But he’s not just a goalkeeper making great saves (and he is making points winning saves).Yesterday, while we generally passed Palace to death, every outfield player had at least two moments of wild brain fart passing that could have lead to a dangerous situation. But Ederson is our most faultless passer of the ball, sometimes under huge pressure where a mistake would almost certainly lead to a goal because of his isolation on the ball as the last man.

He’s also improved on coming and collecting/punching crosses. That takes so much pressure off the defence when the ’keeper can come out and catch or punch away a dangerous cross. Especially late in games when our defenders are fatiguing.

I think he’s become the best ’keeper in the world. He’s good at everything.

The midfield was excellent some lovely passages of play but really you can’t look past Ederson, his usual brilliance with the ball and two outstanding saves that saved us from a very nervy ending. Shout out to Gabby who’s movement and trickery with the ball put Zaha to shame. If only he had passed to Kev across the 6 yard box that would’ve given the team a more comfortable victory.

So many to choose from. Sir David for his sublime finishing, Eddy for keeping a clean sheet, Raheem, KDB, Benny and Silva2 for their work rate. But MoTM forme is shared between Fernandinho and Rodri-the new CB pairing. I know Palace didn’t do too much in the game but these two rose to the challenge when needed especially in second half.

Jesus and Eddy, Could never give it to a rag, and I am not, but a nod of thanks to David de Gea. Maybe VAR would have spotted Mane's touch of the ball on his disallowed goal, as all goals are reviewed, but David made sure and came out claiming right away, forcing the issue. Totally different game if dippers go one up.

was more of a brilliant all round performance without anybody in particular taking over, good to see from the best performance of any team in the PL this weekend.

felt all the times jesus wouldn't be happy until he got a goal, dave was great, Rodri looks like he has been in the team from the beginning and know how we play, "he's ederson".

Only saw it on telly but i thought Gundog excelled. Constantly finding space, picking the ball up, making the right pass, led by example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.