Man of the Match - Southampton (a)

Man of the Match - Southampton (a)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fernandinho controlled the game as only he can.
Honourable mentions to Danilo, Raheem and the two Silvas.

Was great to see Fernandinho back, we absolutely must bring someone in who can fill in for, and eventually replace him.
And Spanish Dave, what a player.
I gave it to Sterling for his work off the ball, just tireless and ridiculously strong for someone so small.

End product was a bit of an issue with Raheem, but he was a constant menace from start to finish nonetheless, and had their right back on toast repeatedly. Bernie and Kun looked much sharper than of late. Vinny was imposing. Danilo was excellent, particularly going forward. Two stars though (and Lord how we’ve missed them) were Dave and Ferna, the latter of whom was just immense, the heartbeat of everything. When he’s gone, we should remember him as one of the club’s greatest ever players

Got to agree with all that. I'd like to split my vote between Fern and Dave. Dinho is not our best player but he is surely our most important one at the moment. We need to get his (eventual) replacement in a.s.a.p. but how the hell are they going to tick so many boxes?

Guardiola would do well to tone down the hyperbole so that when he does have something to say, people take it more seriously

I was really pleased with his comments about Zinchenko past match where he saluted the bravery of Zinchenko to take a gutting blow and then play a beautiful assist to Kun Aguero for the decisive goal. That was one of the crucial moment of the game and Zin produced it.

However comments like this, which is what separates great managers from also rans, get drowned out by other media comment where everyone is fantastic and every team so so dangerous. Somtimes less is more so that when you do speak, your words have more effect.

Guardiola would do well to tone down the hyperbole so that when he does have something to say, people take it more seriously

I was really pleased with his comments about Zinchenko past match where he saluted the bravery of Zinchenko to take a gutting blow and then play a beautiful assist to Kun Aguero for the decisive goal. That was one of the crucial moment of the game and Zin produced it.

However comments like this, which is what separates great managers from also rans, get drowned out by other media comment where everyone is fantastic and every team so so dangerous. Somtimes less is more so that when you do speak, your words have more effect.
You'll have to give him some lessons on man management Marv.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.