Man on Stockport Viaduct

People at work were saying he was down this afternoon, did he go back up? Maybe they were wrong.

Strange scenario.

Ah, I’m just going off tweets in the last hour suggesting he is still there. Could well be wrong though.

There was one in Stockport about a month ago sat above the bridge near the bus station

Not sure if he’s suicidal, given some of the (admittedly) anecdotal evidence but I imagine he’s quite possibly got some serious mental health issues. Strange that it’s still seemingly not resolved though. It’s over 16 hours now.
I can't believe nobody has clicked yet that possibly this geezer is a massive train spotter and is waiting for an old steamy to pass by. Why else would he be there?

To be fair I’d guess my source was wrong, it was just a guy at work

Still ongoing according to the MEN.
Not sure if he’s suicidal, given some of the (admittedly) anecdotal evidence but I imagine he’s quite possibly got some serious mental health issues. Strange that it’s still seemingly not resolved though. It’s over 16 hours now.

I’m no expert, but his body language wasn’t what you’d associate with someone who is suicidal. It was more like someone on holiday relaxing in the sun, only he was on the edge of the viaduct!

MEN have gone home now but the last update was it’s still ongoing, now into the 17th hour. I amazed it’s still carrying on.

What they going to do that’ll get him down now that they couldn’t have done this morning? Unless now they’re just waiting for him get tired and nod off or something.

He’s got mental health issues.

When police approached him he covered himself in petrol and threatened to set himself alight. I’ve lost count of how many negotiators have been to see him. At one point he asked asked for a priest. Trains are running and instructed to pass on slow lines at 5mph. Naturally the twatterati are rubbernecking and photographing the situation.

Simply tell him you are going to walk over, help him down, and get him the help he needs...and start walking over to him.

Emotional blackmail is stupid. Do it, or don’t, but we can’t all fanny around for the rest of our lives waiting for you to do SOMETHING!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.