Man United (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for my edification, you are going to drop KDB to play Sterling at centre forward?

Bwahahahaha! Good one!!

Not sure De Bruyne's fully fit and I think Bernardo and Gundogan have shown better form this season and deserve to start in their best positions. He gives the ball away more than those two which is the only way Utd will create chances, us giving them the ball carelessly. I thought he was arguably our worst performer in the home derby defeat last season, they took advantage of the hole he leaves behind defensively and didn't want to battle with Fred/McTominay. That's not to say he couldn't play well but it's not like he's essential or destroys them every time.

That lineup is the same as Anfield when they couldn't lay a glove on us so more than good enough to do the job.

KDB played the full game against Wolves - I'd put him on the bench for the first hour and let the "match fit" terriers loose on the rags. Run the rags into the ground and then think of introducing KDB and even Sergio when we have a nice cushion and the scum are stuffed. But I'm not Pep, just someone watching and commenting from the other side of the world. In Pep we must trust.

kjjhj.jpg
when you coach Luke shaw

Last edited:
Sterling is an even bigger culprit for the above.

You're right in that his passing can be wayward/scuffed but I think he'd cause them more of a problem. He is more agile with better acceleration than the strikers which could make Lindelof/Maguire more wary of pushing onto him aggressively in case he wriggles away or turns and runs in behind. The front 3 would be more interchangeable if it's not working or we could go to the 4-2-4 we sometimes play. Don't know if it'll be Sterling but I feel Pep will use a midfielder there as Magliar has had the better of Aguero/Jesus the last few times he played against them and we've won fairly comfortably last couple of derbies we've lined up without a striker.

“Man United”??

I love your write ups, but the title of this is giving me an ulcer!

“That lot” “The Shite” “Rags” “Stretford” “Trafford Rangers”, I could deal with just “United” even “Manchester United”.

But “Man United” on a City forum? Doesn’t quite sit right.
Always spell united with a small u

I really want Bernardo with Rhodri and Gundo in the midfield 3 with KDB Foden and Jesus as front 3
Just feel energy like that will destroy them
No Marhez doesn’t deserve to be left out it’s just my opinion on best team for this match

Momentum is very important in football. Jesus has scored 3 goals in his last 2 starts and Mahrez has contributed 2 goals and several assists since Everton. At least one of them will start, maybe both.

Rodri, Gundogan and Bernardo will start. Bernardo has started in 14 of the last 15 league wins and missed only West Ham which was our most difficult game. He is currently more important than Kevin for he brings more stability and glues the team better. Think that Sterling will start too. Apparently, Pep rates him quite highly.

So, it's between Kevin, Foden, Jesus and Mahrez for 2 places in attack. Kevin will probably start on the bench. Foden was rested and the plan was to start him. But the momentum is with Gabby and Mahrez. Tough call that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.