Man United (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are way better and there’s not one player of theirs suited to clinch a place in our squad.

However I do remember when we lost 2-3 at home in 2018 when we could’ve won the league that day. Or any other game we lost to that lot over the past 12 years.

Have, do and always will hate that club. That’s why I will be nervous. As ever.

I was at the game and I still cannot believe we lost it. I remember the uproar before it as Pep had changed the team with the return leg against Liverpool coming up. That was dispelled quickly as we totally outclassed the rags and to say we should have been at least 5-0 up at the break was being kind to the rags, it could have been six or seven. Sterling missed three sitters on his own. However we were 2-0 up and so dominant you couldn't see any way back for the rags.

I have no idea what happened at half time. Maybe a bit of complacency, a switching off by us and hurt pride on their part. I seem to remember they got it back to 2-2 very quickly and both Pogba and Sanchez had the best 45 minutes of football since they'd been there. It was no surprise when they went 3-2 up as by then we were shellshocked. We rallied, got our heads together and dominated the game again but couldn't get the equaliser. I do remember Atkinson came into his own then, giving them every decision, including denying us a clear penalty when Young cut Aguero in half in the area and he waved it away. Anyway onto Sunday's game.

We are better than them in every department, but it's a derby and form often goes out of the window. As such these games are very hard to call. They do have players that can hurt us and if they hit form on the day and we have a dip we could lose. I hope we turn up, keep our focus, everything clicks and we absolutely show the gulf in class by hammering them, but equally if we lost it would be no surprise.

Also seems to be discontent in the camp. The other night Maguire could be heard shouting to Rashford to stop running offside, who duly replied 'Shut the fuck up!'
Yea I saw that on twitter. I get that sort of thing happens in a game, but it seems a bit more personal saying "shut the fuck up, fucking knobhead" (as opposed to how it started with maguire telling rashford to "fucking get back onside", which is more of what you'd expect). Fernandes looking a very frustrated figure too.

They'll but up a fight whatever happens, but we've gotta be winning this one. I think Pep might have got their number after the last game too

I was at the game and I still cannot believe we lost it. I remember the uproar before it as Pep had changed the team with the return leg against Liverpool coming up. That was dispelled quickly as we totally outclassed the rags and to say we should have been at least 5-0 up at the break was being kind to the rags, it could have been six or seven. Sterling missed three sitters on his own. However we were 2-0 up and so dominant you couldn't see any way back for the rags.

I have no idea what happened at half time. Maybe a bit of complacency, a switching off by us and hurt pride on their part. I seem to remember they got it back to 2-2 very quickly and both Pogba and Sanchez had the best 45 minutes of football since they'd been there. It was no surprise when they went 3-2 up as by then we were shellshocked. We rallied, got our heads together and dominated the game again but couldn't get the equaliser. I do remember Atkinson came into his own then, giving them every decision, including denying us a clear penalty when Young cut Aguero in half in the area and he waved it away. Anyway onto Sunday's game.

We are better than them in every department, but it's a derby and form often goes out of the window. As such these games are very hard to call. They do have players that can hurt us and if they hit form on the day and we have a dip we could lose. I hope we turn up, keep our focus, everything clicks and we absolutely show the gulf in class by hammering them, but equally if we lost it would be no surprise.
You must recall the nailed on penalty we were denied late in the second half, when Young tried to assassinate Aguero.

Would be shocked. He only started jogging again recently.

McTominay will start and expect their midfield to include Rat Boy and Fred.

Maybe Greenwood from the start.

McTominay is a threat in games like this, not to be taken lightly. Whatever people think of him as a player overall, he's passionate about the club and has good performances in the games that matter to fans.

He was frustratingly good defending against us in the first derby, he destroyed Leeds, scored the winner in the FA Cup in extra time last month, obviously scored against us last season.

He will be right up for this game and potentially drag others with him.

Would be smart to get him on a yellow early, have people run at him, try to isolate him, take advantage of him being pumped up for a derby and with some luck he'll get booked and be walking on eggshells for most of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.