Manchester’s Changing Skyline

The Syndney skyline without the world famous Sydney Opera House.

Would you say any of those towers would be instantly recognisable?

One Barangarro, far right, currently Sydney’s tallest tower, looks good and interesting. The rest of the towers aren’t anything to get excited about in my opinion. But everyone raves about the Sydney skyline, which is probably more to do with the setting, Sydney Harbour, than anything else. To be fair to Sydney there are some different shaped towers.

IMG_1407.jpeg

IMG_1408.jpeg

Last edited:
Far East Consortium- Linkedin

Things are taking shape at Victoria Riverside.

Having celebrated the topping out of all three towers at our Victoria Riverside development in Manchester back in November, we headed back to site to see how things have been progressing since then and were pleased to see the new neighbourhood shaping up nicely!

Once complete, the three properties will provide 634 homes, including 128 affordable homes in City View tower – one of the largest developments of affordable homes in Manchester city centre in recent years, which is being marketed by housing association L&Q.

IMG_1412.jpeg

It’s brick, Jim. Brick is never bland. :-)

It’s going to look superb.

It wouldn’t look out of place in New York or Chicago.

View attachment 122028

View attachment 122029

View attachment 122030

The thing is Jim, apart from London, there isn’t another UK city that has got such a fantastic mix of old and new buildings, (Manchester red) brick and glass buildings, side by side, in juxtaposition to one another, creating an interesting, varied, and vibrant street scape. That’s why I love walking around Manchester City centre. New and interesting streetscapes and city centre districts are being created all the time as the city centre grows outwards, and ghost car parks and derelict plots of land in and around the city are being redeveloped with new buildings.
That's a VERY VERY nice building

Reactions: jrb
Found this short video of Manchester’s (Beetham tower) skyline.

No1 Spinningfields is under construction, and the cranes are onsite at Deansgate Square. I’m guessing the year is 2016 from those 2 clues.

Nathan Yates - Linkedin

One Port Street in the distance through the window.

57328F78-E083-4154-A625-2D16D7EC24B5.jpeg

Swan Street House

3F42C971-99F2-43A3-AB63-C65157F4EAEC.jpeg

Greengate Park, and Bankside, nearly clad.

DA618C5D-9924-4C61-9534-2C3574B71B77.jpeg

You can see the steel frame overhang in the picture.

Jennie Harrison - Linkedin

Today.

479A108C-C55D-4CAA-88BD-E8A653DFA0CC.jpeg

82AF8023-E2F2-4B8D-BF05-2F18BA16C0BD.jpeg

The Syndney skyline without the world famous Sydney Opera House.

Would you say any of those towers would be instantly recognisable?

One Barangarro, far right, currently Sydney’s tallest tower, looks good and interesting. The rest of the towers aren’t anything to get excited about in my opinion. But everyone raves about the Sydney skyline, which is probably more to do with the setting, Sydney Harbour, than anything else. To be fair to Sydney there are some different shaped towers.

View attachment 122118

View attachment 122119
Sydney harbour is a magnificent setting, one of the most beautiful in the world, but the city for me is very underwhelming and quite small.

Reactions: jrb
The CGI of the proposal isn’t great. That’s if the new owners of the site build the proposal that has planning permission?

Jacob Jumani - Linkedin

Sold - Site with Planning for 89 Apartments in Old Trafford, Manchester next to Manchester United stadium. We bought before Covid from administration. A 3 minute walk away from Emirates Old Trafford, Lancashire Cricket Club and Metrolink 4 stops away from Town.

Congratulations to the new buyers, a cracking site and location that the area is getting stronger every day! Really look forward to seeing this scheme delivered soonest! Good luck guys!

0BF89F47-BF74-4FE5-84CB-F0C5EAC92F3B.jpeg

If I worked there I wouldn’t get any work done.

Antonia Mihaylova - Linkedin

What a wholesome Tuesday evening at the Grant Thornton Manchester office last night!

4254927F-2359-45C4-9219-6C0694C4AA03.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.