Manchester Airport Terminal 1

bennyboy

Horrendous for checking in.
Queued for over an hour.
Is this the norm.
Shame because after the check in the airport looked great.

The place is a disaster quite simply not fit for purpose, check in, security all of it is a joke of organisation, I came back the other day from Mallorca and the way they have designed the gates we had to wait for 20 mins in a holding area while check in was going on for another flight and they wont allow inbound and outbound passengers to mix (works perfectly well all around the world) Only yesterday my mate had a 75 min wait on the tarmac while they waited for a take off slot.

Its an embarrassment to Manchester in my opinion. The queues to get through security are invariably out of control. I have queued over 2 hours on two separate occasions and at no other airport have I seen queues like Manchester has. Even when you get through security, at T3 in particular it looks like a refugee centre because there isn't enough space. I know someone who worked for MAG who believe it was only operating at 50% capacity too which is laughable. I prefer to fly from Liverpool now where possible - its just easier and the parking is cheaper too.

Not sure why they've prioritised redeveloping T2 which is the best of a bad bunch (the least worst anyway). They need to flatten the whole thing and start again.

Try Sharm El Sheik!!

I travel all over and Manchester is the shittest by far. It is more concerned with selling perfume and crap to passengers than getting them through the process smoothly and efficiently . It thinks its the Trafford centre (what the feck do people need to buy shit at airports anyway other than food, drink ????)

Check in - dreadful-

Security - abysmal - TOTAL DISGRACE

parking and drop off - terrible (the ramp for terminal 1 is now packed morning noon and night)

passport control - awful massive queues and that new epassport just causes even more delays as clowns don't know what to do and if you are with a family you cant use it anyway!

baggage - takes an age to return the bags (even though you have been stood in passport queue for an age beforehand)

The whole airport is an embarrassment to the City of Manchester. It really is.
The scenario the OP tells us about is a daily occurrence. T3 is even worse!
I fly on a regular basis also and it is the shittiest airport I have been to by far.
I also have a lot of European colleagues who fly in to Manchester on a regular basis
and they cannot believe just how bad it is. They genuinely cannot believe it.

I dropped a mate off at Terminal 3 on Friday night. With the building work and new road layout
we queued for nearly 50 minutes after arriving at the airport just to drop him off - the traffic was
just a complete and utter fuck up! He then queued for another hour and 40 minutes to get through security.
It really is a third world set up and operation.
The place is disgrace to Manchester

I’m using Heathrow for Denmark and Albania. Undecided at present for Ireland but it just can’t be Manchester.

Who on earth is running the show there?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.