Manchester Airport Terminal 1

Just got back from picking up my mum from T1, what a shit show this airport (which I used to feel proud about) has become. From the signage to the parking, the non existent staff inside the arrivals section to the human cattle feeling you get when inside, it's a shambles. One of the pay machines for the parking was switched off, the other one wasn't accepting card payments so the queue was huge. It took me 20mins to pay for my parking, which funnily enough meant I had to pay 6 quid instead of 4, everyone was puffing their cheeks but there wasn't one airport staff to be seen, save a cleaner. These fuckers have got everyone by the bollocks, if Manchester MPs have any power over this they really need to get on to whoever is running that place before they completely tarnish Manchester. Stansted is the only other UK airport where I genuinely felt like I would never travel from there again.

Just got back from picking up my mum from T1, what a shit show this airport (which I used to feel proud about) has become. From the signage to the parking, the non existent staff inside the arrivals section to the human cattle feeling you get when inside, it's a shambles. One of the pay machines for the parking was switched off, the other one wasn't accepting card payments so the queue was huge. It took me 20mins to pay for my parking, which funnily enough meant I had to pay 6 quid instead of 4, everyone was puffing their cheeks but there wasn't one airport staff to be seen, save a cleaner. These fuckers have got everyone by the bollocks, if Manchester MPs have any power over this they really need to get on to whoever is running that place before they completely tarnish Manchester. Stansted is the only other UK airport where I genuinely felt like I would never travel from there again.

And seeing as the same group also own Stansted you shouldn't be surprised

MAG shareholders

• 35.5% - IFM Investors - 35.5%
  • 35.5% - Manchester City Council
  • 29% - The other 9 Greater Manchester Councils, which are:
    • The Borough Council of Bolton
    • The Borough Council of Bury
    • The Oldham Borough Council
    • The Rochdale Borough Council
    • The Council of the City of Salford
    • The Metropolitan Borough Council of Stockport
    • The Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council
    • The Trafford Borough Council
    • The Wigan Borough Council

MAG shareholders

In my ignorance, i didn't know this and i didn't know that the councils were major shareholders either. That puts an end to that then, nothing will change. It's a huge money making scheme.

6th worst airport in the world according to this pasenger survey https://www.farandwide.com/s/worst-..._source=twi&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=171844

These surveys are always more about who answers than anything else - I suspect that one has a bias towards UK respondents. No way is Manchester worse than CDG or Berlin Schonfeld, especially the latter which is a disaster of a giant portakabin, still operating only due to the omnishambles of the Berlin Brandenberg build - and incidentally, any time anyone mentions German efficiency, mention that catastrophe to them.

But you can add any number of airports infinitely worse than Manchester could ever aspire to be, pretty much any of the Turkish regional ones, more or less any in India, or any in Myanmar (those are fun), or Indonesian regionals, etc etc etc.

MAG shareholders

That's a lot of troughs to feed. No wonder everything is such a bloody big con.

Airport Parking

Sounds like a new scheme is being launched so you can park at Manchester Airport for free, but your car might be rented out whilst you're away. Despite the extortionate price its costing to park there these days, this is still a big no from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.