Manchester Christmas Markets

On our way down now for 4/5 hours, bit of no but stall gazing followed by food & drink.

Home for early evening before it gets rammed and the piss heads get out.

Id enjoy them if it wasn't for the people, just far too many. Love trying all the different foods and good for a few beers, just despise having to fight your way through the crowds.

I'm the same. Last year I went on a Saturday morning at about 11. Place was pretty much dead and I loved it.

Too many people. Far too many people, can't stand them (neither people nor the markets).

Also overpriced piss in plastic glasses.

I went to Budapest last year and its fuckin brilliant, cheap as chips and the markets are fantastic, i would highly recommend anyone who fancies a trip over Christmas to try here, I am going back this year on December 5th. Got 4 nights in a 4 star hotel with BA flights for £230..

I quite like the one in Edinburgh. It has a few interesting stalls with stuff you couldnt buy anywhere else. Usually get some christmas prezzies there.

Went for a wander yesterday morning before train home ..
The Yorkshire pudding wrap stall looks interesting

The magic of the market was lost forever on me the fisrt time I ever went. Fancied a nice warm gluwein, until I walked around the back of the the tent to see boxes and boxes of Lidl gluwein. About £3.50 a bottle, or £7 a cup to you, sir!

Plus the stalls are like a lazy Scooby Doo background animator's dream. Chocolates, little wooden windmills, metal artwork...Chocolates, little wooden windmills, metal artwork...Chocolates, little wooden windmills, metal artwork...

I won't even start on the prices, though I imagine the city council want a fair whack too for the pleasure of setting up shop there.

Apart from the bratwurst stalls it’s utter tat.
Ah yes, those spiced Bavarian hotdogs consisting of finest minced pigs snouts eyeballs arseholes and foreskins, all for a bargain 7 quid a go.

6 Lidl/Aldi bratwursts for £1.79, 6 hotdog rolls 45p, 2 medium onions. Jar of Tomato sauce and mustard. 4 quid the lot tops.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.