Manchester Christmas Markets

I'm not sure where you're going in Manchester not to find it busy. Then again, I've not been for a good few years. I sacked it off due to the rip-off prices and it being too hammered to enjoy it. I get my Christmas market experience in Germany these days and it knocks the Manchester markets into a cocked hat - far cheaper prices for food and drink, and not too overcrowded. In recent years with the other half I've done:

Cologne
Munich
Aachen
Dusseldorf
Nuremberg
Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Plus Moenchengladbach when City played there in 2016

In a few weeks we're off to Leipzig and Berlin - 3 nights in each
If you're hotels are changeable, I'd have 1 night in Leipzig and 2 in Dresden. At the very least go to Dresden for a day.

How much is the Gluwein this year?
£4.50 to £6.00 depending on where you are (Albert Sq is pricey & whatever extra flavouring they charge for).

Our favourite drink is a Baileys coffee with added Baileys from Mrs Moon's bag from the French quarter which is where the best coffee making is done for £5.00 a go.

Looking forward to some Black peas me t time I'm down as I spotted them after I'd eaten last time.

Anyone been this year? I've been a couple of times, and if it was bad in previous years, it has now reached rock bottom.

We go to say hi to an old friend - the guy who runs the driftwood stall in front of Lululemon in St Anne's Square. But this year, it is just the same old same old, but with added hyperinflation.

We like to take a box of chocolate covered marshmallow domes home, and try the currywurst, but it's no longer worth the price (if ever it was).

Are there any good Christmas markets in the UK, and are the continental ones following the same pattern of deterioration?

Anyone been this year? I've been a couple of times, and if it was bad in previous years, it has now reached rock bottom.

We go to say hi to an old friend - the guy who runs the driftwood stall in front of Lululemon in St Anne's Square. But this year, it is just the same old same old, but with added hyperinflation.

We like to take a box of chocolate covered marshmallow domes home, and try the currywurst, but it's no longer worth the price (if ever it was).

Are there any good Christmas markets in the UK, and are the continental ones following the same pattern of deterioration?
We went to town a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday and Picadilly gardens was too busy so we just had a mini pub crawl

Found Christmas markets in other countries are also expensive , although the beers are better

Don’t think any in this country are very good, not been to many on the continent but thought Krakow was good,great setting and plenty of bars around the square selling mulled wine.

Visited the markets late on Sunday night . Still very busy in most area`s . Bars and restaurants were packed . Over 9 million visit Manchester Christmas Markets every year so good business for the city .

Attachments

• 20221204_172447[1].jpg
    20221204_172447[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • 20221204_172930[1].jpg
    20221204_172930[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.