Manchester City - Champions 2017/18

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by dickie davies, 15 Apr 2018.

1. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

Sorry if this has already been posted.

2. ray21

ray21

Baby Matteo

3. johnnytapia

johnnytapia

Better than 2012? How could anything match that? I know what you mean, the football this season has been sublime, but that day, that season, well, for me, you couldn't ever match it.

4. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Perfect timing; just arrived in Nashville and logged in and you replied to my post from last night four minutes beforehand :-)

It’s a close call, but this season just edges it overall. Nothing will match the denouement to 2012, but that’s a different question.

5. johnnytapia

johnnytapia

Agree on the football; we've been utterly brilliant this season, home and away, blown everyone apart. 2012 for me though, because of what it meant, just means so much to me and will never be bettered (Christ, if it is, I don't know how), and much as I love Pep, Mancini has a hold on me that can't be matched. But what a place to be! Nit-picking on league titles. I look back at my City lows: Luton, the worst, then a shedload of shite. I grew up watching City home and away when we were utter dogshit. And that lot were lording it. Well, how times have changed. have a glass of fine bourbon for "the Blues" (City, not the musical shenanigans).

6. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

We could quite conceivably win 33 out of 38 games this season. I enjoy winning (as I know you do too); ergo, this is my favourite season. I’ve enjoyed how dominant we’ve been more than I would have expected to. 2012 was a rockier road which made the ending so incredible, whereas this season overall has been more enjoyable, for me at least. I think I’ve been able to appreciate it more as we’ve gone along (compared to 2012) and savour the moments.

I’m visiting the JD distillery in Lynchburg later this week and I’ll be sure to follow your suggestion when I do (and possibly tonight too!) although there are far better Bourbons than JD tbf.

7. johnnytapia

johnnytapia

Have a great trip

8. NarutoReds

NarutoReds

Hye all. Liverpool fan here.
    Congratulation on to be The Champions. Really happy for you guys.
    Not even Liverpool could prevent, restrain The Rags (f**kin learn it from here, seldom use the terms though) from winning the league without Man City this year.
    Thanks to you all. Relieve me the feeling of the burden that Red Mancs gonna win it, aahh feels much much better than sex climax.
    Congratulation the Blue Side of Manchester. Happy for you all.
    **English is my second language so pardon for my vocabulary and grammar please.

9. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

I am doing, thanks.

10. Bluekiwi

Bluekiwi

In spite of ............................

Gill's corrupt FA
    Riley's brown envelope brigade
    Other incompetent officials
    Thugs in opposing teams
    Vitriolic crap from the media
    Insane bile and rantings from opposition managers (one in particular)
    Uninformed jealousy of opposition followers
    Injuries
    and more (please add)

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS