Manchester City match worn shirts

For my collection i search the shirt of the 2007 derby for the 50 years of the munich crash. This shirt was absolutely beauty without sponsor.

For my collection i search the shirt of the 2007 derby for the 50 years of the munich crash. This shirt was absolutely beauty without sponsor.

Got to be honest, I thought that shirt was awful. Why we didn’t just play in our 1958 shirt too, I’ll never know.

The Holy Grail: yellow v Arsenal. I used to live in city centre and saw a window cleaner near Debenhams wearing one once and always wondered how he’d got it. The 14 or so jerseys they made for that match must be somewhere! Mind you, given the abject performance that day, maybe they all went into hiding.

That's the rarest shirt in my collection I reckon, and I've got the shorts to go with it!

Not selling but my lad was given Jack Corks shirt that he wore when he played for Southampton. (Zabba pulled him down for a pen and we won 4-1). Nice bloke we was sat right behind there bench and when he got subbed I asked him for it. He started to tell me someone had asked for it...then just said fuck it, here you go son. made my lads day

I have an match worn orange Le Coq Sportif shirt signed by Stephen Ireland.

My dad has a Don Revie match worn shirt that is like silk from the fifties/sixties?

I honestly can’t remember this shirt,was it some sort of commemorative shirt or special occasion I just don’t recall it at all ...
Nope, league game, away at Highbury. I was there. When the team trotted out, there was a collective gasp of “what/who the fuck is that?”. We then proceeded to get hammered 4-0. The shirt was never worn again. Swales said something along the lines of “we’ll never play in yellow again under my chairmanship”.

That's the rarest shirt in my collection I reckon, and I've got the shorts to go with it!
Yeah, I saw that. I guess its rarity comes from several things, mainly the fact we only played it in once, it was never available commercially and it was for a run of the mill league game so not a commemorative thing. I wonder if the players of that game kept them, or if they were just handed back to the kitman who then passed them back to the laundry etc. As I said, I’ve only ever seen one, other than at the match, and on your pics, and that was the window cleaner in town. He must have known one of the players. I always wondered if he realised just how rare it was/is. It’s a really great find and to have two, which it looks like you do, is something to behold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.