"Manchester City - The Nation's Team (for one day only)"

Ric

Administrator
New blog article by Dave Green online now:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2012/05/14/manchester-city-the-nations-team-for-one-day-only/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... -day-only/</a>

Excellent and so very true.

All those years of pain? why the fuck did I pick City? not for trophies but for the club. CTID

Christ I just read about what the last 30 years has felt like..... I have family members who defected to... Arsenal??? and they mocked sticking with City...

Loyalty cannot be bought..........!!!!

This is the best day ever, all the more amazing because we never stopped supporting and believing

There was a brilliant caller on Talksport last night on the wasy home.

He agreed that we had bought the title.

But:

we had crowds of 30,000 when we were in league 1, more when we were promoted

that meant that relocating to the commonwealth games stadium was financially feasible because of our fanbase

that meant that our club had a spanking new stadium with significant room to expand around the ground

that meant that we were extremely attractive as a proposition when Sheikh Mansour was looking to invest in a football club in England

and that has put is where we are now

There is, in other words, a direct link of cause and effect between keeping the faith in our darkest days and being the champions of England

A blue dipper mate of mine emailed me to say this:

Unbelievable - just unbelievable. You have given supporters of success starved sides the world over, cause for hope. Enjoy!

I emailed back 'never in doubt'...

EDIT: just noticed the Barclays advert above. After 20 years with Nat West, I think I'll go and move my account to Barclays. :)

Noe this is where the hard work starts, trying to defend the title. Most teams will now become very defensive when they visit the Etihad Stadium we have got to be more clever in front of the opponents goal, and stop trying to pass it into the net.

Owls fan in peace always had a soft spot for city. Made up for your lads on a deserved title win, happy for bobby mancini as well reyt legend. Kompany is just a pure beast of a defender what a player. Hope you dominate and bask in glory for a while lads. Cograts

TBooksbluearmy said:
Noe this is where the hard work starts, trying to defend the title. Most teams will now become very defensive when they visit the Etihad Stadium we have got to be more clever in front of the opponents goal, and stop trying to pass it into the net.

Like they haven't been already this season?

Great read and it articulates so well, what it feels like to be a city fan today.

Hats off mate, very well written.

As a Leicester fan who went to many matches v Man City over the past 30 years - you always brought loads to Filbert Street and are well respected as having true fans supporting the club (no plastic glory hunters).

Yes, Manchester City - was definitely the "Nations Team" yesterday, and I bet everyone who was there or watching on TV, felt all those years of hurt lift right off the shoulders when that final whistle blew.

It must be a great morning to wake up a Man City fan... enjoy the glow of being Premiership Champions, you deserve it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.