Manchester City v Fulham FAYC-19th Feb at Boundary Park

Ht 0-0 even game. Not much else to say except our rb has a yellow and could have had a second just before the break.

Just gone one down to a free header from a corner after we've been on top the second have.

-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:32 pm --

1-1 75 mins Ambrose glancing header.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:38 pm --<br /><br />2-1. Down 10 mins to go.

Overall I thought it was an even game but... At half time I felt we had slightly the better of it but they were a big threat from set pieces with two big guys coming up from the back but in general play we edged it and could/should have gone ahead.

We got a number of great situations down the left but Barker had one of his infuriating games where the final decision shot or pass was just poor.I thought we were a bit threatening from set pieces too but nothing too close.Fulham came out 2nd half and looked busier to me and started to look very good.They had 2 smaller guys buzzing behind the front man and looking dangerous and they took the lead unsurprisingly from a corner.One of the big guys seemed to be unchallenged.

For a minute or so I really feared the worst but well done to the lads to take the initiative and really press them back.The equaliser was a quality header from Ambrose from a cross from Tasende.For a while we looked more like scoring the winner and had them penned back and then the referee took over.

First after they cleared a corner we were recycling the ball and it was with Smith Brown near the half way line and he was barged in the back.They ran away and scored and even then with a lucky rebound falling at someones feet. A couple of minutes later Bryan was clearly kicked but no foul as they ran away and scored.Very tough for the lads but we just weren't clinical enough in the last 3rd and when it came to it they were.

Cheers Nelly,given Fulham's apparent reputation and ability,its not a disaster result and all good for experience..... Maybe we should have brought Lopes in for this one though? Great to see Ambrose keeps scoring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.