Manchester City v Gillingham 2nd Division Play Off Final 1999 23 Years Today.

Went down with my brother & his son, both me & my brother were lifelong blues but his son aged 12 had decided to support Liverpool (his mum was a dipper!) but came along for the day out anyway, he was taking the piss all the way down the motorway, little club, never won anything type of crap,
Needless to say after a truly amazing day out (we all went absolutely mental when we won) driving back up the motorway the nephew was a fully signed up blue (much to the supprise of his annoyed mum) & fair play he still as mad on the blues as ever.

One favourite memory of the day was singing "you can stick your fucking treble up your arse....sideways" after we'd won. The rags had won the European Cup a few days earlier.
Yes, I remember stoodcin a massive puddle of piss under the stand singing that and then shortly after letting Russell Watson know what we thought about him being a rag.

I recall thinking that I'd gone through every possible emotion that afternoon, and would never see anything like it again. Little did I know then what the coming years would bring !

I stayed over at a mates who lived in outer London. Spent the night after the match hopping Loads of bars full of City and after a cUrey went for one last pint before getting the train. As we approached the door of the pub we heard blues singing inside and two crashed out of the door stark bullock naked. Not even wearing shoes the heathens. They weaved their way up the road arm in arm.
An absolutely belting day. One of the very best.

I didn't watch it. I was in Glasgow on business and assumed (naively?) that City would win easily. By the time I got into the car it was 2-2 and extra time was required. I was then driving back on the M8, listening to the added time commenatry on the radio when the Glasgow Police pulled me over for no reason whatsoever. They breathalyzed me and it came up negative as I told them it would. That took the smirk off the face of the officer in charge! Half a pint of shandy was never going to produce a positive test!

I eventually got going again and listened to the last few minutes of extra time in time to hear the outcome of the penalty shoot-out.

Stayed in same hotel as the team. They were having a private party but the coach stopped outside plebs entrance before taking vip route round the back and some of the team, not all, chose to get off the coach there and mix with the fans. Dickov first off!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.