Manchester City v Gillingham 2nd Division Play Off Final 1999 23 Years Today.

1655886701646.png
A great tribute to the day is the book "City 'till I Die' by David Chidlow, speaks volumes that there's a book about just one game.
Guess there must be a few people on here that get a mention in it ?

Attachments

• 1655886667428.png
    1655886667428.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 6
I fucking love Dickov. Best City goal ever imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, the post a few back, mentioning if we had this team, ground, manager but us lot then today, so the 80’s and 90’s and early 00’s I agree but we lost 2 generations of young blues in the 90’s and 00’s. That hit us hard as a fan base, it’s obvious those 2 decades cost us both on and off the pitch. BUT I see the last decade and we have hit back. I went to Lytham st Anne’s the queens celebration week and took the family round a lovely park just off the main front/beach. So it’s just up from Blackpool. This isn’t an exaggeration either, while walking round there was loads and I mean loads of families in City shirts, toddlers, under 10’s, teenager's, youths. Honestly it got to the stage where my misses and kids were telling me to shut up and stop City shirt spotting, lololol.

Basically the last decade we have taken a massive step up and if we can do it again we will have 2 generations of kids growing up Blues. FU rags and dippers

Don't fret mate, Gillingham reached the play-off final again the following season, and this time they beat Wigan to claim promotion. (Tony Pulis really was a good manager at that level!) so their problems since has nothing to do with the defeat to City, apart from losing super Bob Taylor of course!
Tony pulis has been a very good manager his whole career, kept bad sides up, repeat seasons with Stoke in the premier League, absolutely fucked that knob Wenger off repeatedly. His style was fucking awful, but his job is to win enough games to stay up, maintain a budget and improve players and he did that through his career.

You know, the post a few back, mentioning if we had this team, ground, manager but us lot then today, so the 80’s and 90’s and early 00’s I agree but we lost 2 generations of young blues in the 90’s and 00’s. That hit us hard as a fan base, it’s obvious those 2 decades cost us both on and off the pitch. BUT I see the last decade and we have hit back. I went to Lytham st Anne’s the queens celebration week and took the family round a lovely park just off the main front/beach. So it’s just up from Blackpool. This isn’t an exaggeration either, while walking round there was loads and I mean loads of families in City shirts, toddlers, under 10’s, teenager's, youths. Honestly it got to the stage where my misses and kids were telling me to shut up and stop City shirt spotting, lololol.

Basically the last decade we have taken a massive step up and if we can do it again we will have 2 generations of kids growing up Blues. FU rags and dippers
Off topic this, but I was in Llandudno last week on holiday saw more City shirts than dippers would you believe. Didn't see a rag shirt all week, spoiled on Friday when I saw two but one on a lad who plainly had " learning difficulties ".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.