Manchester City v Manchester United 17.08.1968

Serious aggro as well.
David Coleman mentions the violence on the commentary.

I think this might have been a game I have mentioned on here previously. I was 14 then and me and a mate from school got to the top of the Kippax about 10 minutes before KO. On our right there were hundreds of skinheads in jeans and denim jackets with City scarves around their necks and to our left were hundreds of identically dressed Rags with red scarves around their necks. In between there were two lines of police and they decided to bail out just as me and my mate were running down to the bottom. It was carnage all during the game with constant battles going on, sharpened pennies being thrown etc

I think this might have been a game I have mentioned on here previously. I was 14 then and me and a mate from school got to the top of the Kippax about 10 minutes before KO. On our right there were hundreds of skinheads in jeans and denim jackets with City scarves around their necks and to our left were hundreds of identically dressed Rags with red scarves around their necks. In between there were two lines of police and they decided to bail out just as me and my mate were running down to the bottom. It was carnage all during the game with constant battles going on, sharpened pennies being thrown etc

Did you go to St Gregs at Ardwick Green ?

The Kippax.
Glass Bottles of piss thrown in the rafters.
Sharpened coins and darts chucked with abandon.

at the time it was fucking great!

Did you go to St Gregs at Ardwick Green ?

No, but I lived just around the corner from it in the walk up flats and one of the many shit jobs my Mum had was a stint as a dinner lady at St Gregs. I went to St Aloysius Primary and then Central Grammar near Belle Vue (later Central High when it became a comprehensive in my third(?) year there).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.