Manchester City V Southampton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hart

zabba
VK
dem
Kolarov

yaya
fern
silva
milner

negredo
dzeko

2-1 to city with goals from negredo and kolarov

BringBackSwales said:
Sotonian said:
Far from having a soft spot for Southampton and their fans ever since the last game played at Maine Road. They didn't want us to have more tickets despite not able to sell theirs. Yet they choose to sell them privately to City-fans who were desperate to try and get in the ground paying stupid money to these wonkers.

LOL - Hold your horses fella, you boys wanted 60 quid a ticket (or 58 plus a booking fee) . It was on a Sunday afternoon and live on Sky. The trains were over a 100 quid and got back at stupid o clock. The bright sparks at Saints just assumed that as it was our first game back in the Prem, we would sell out regardless, so took the whole allocation and caught a cold (The club (SFC) has to pay any shortfall in these circumstances. As for the club selling the wasted tickets to Man City fans, I'm pretty sure that would be illegal, but guessing a compromise would be allowing MCFC to sell them in areas that are segregated.

I think you are having a pop at Saints for the wrong reasons...... If you had said you didn't like us because of the way we boo'ed Aguero when he came of injured in that match then I would have completely understood (Have no idea what that was about by the way, completely unlike Saints fans and was left wondering what I missed - Still haven't ever figured it out) but I think the problem regarding tickets was your club being greedy.

60 quid a ticket for saints fans in the last game at Maine Road??!! Was it fuck you demented so and so. Your club wanted more tickets than your fans could sell, so that your fans could sell them on at a mega profit to our fans, the previous poster was bang on. And I repeat tickets were not 60 quid face value in those days

I am a Saints fan who has had a soft spot for City since the days of Bell, Lee, Summerbee etc and can remember Summerbee being sent off at the Dell many years ago in the sixties. I attended the the last match at Maine Road in the Saints end ( scaffolding makeshift stand ) and as I recall we did sell our full limited allocation . I saw no evidence of Man City fans in the Saints allocation and when we scored to win 1-0 there did not appear to be anyone not cheering. In fact I believe that southampton actually took City to task due to you not allocating us enough tickets the action took place AFTER the match and you were heavily fined, I therefore took objection to the remarks made by eversince76 above.
I have also attended the last games between us home and away, including the FA Cup match at City in 2007, and last seasons match at Maine Road where the £52 ticket price left a nasty taste in the mouth. Last seasons match was televised and the price was off putting as was the drive up from Cornwall where the family were on holiday but we do these things for the clubs we support.
I am now out of work so cannot afford the £47 ticket price City are asking for this televised match so will cheer on Saints from down here. I look forward to an attacking style of play from both sides and seriously look forward to a Saints win, We fear no one, don't park the bus, and just go out to win every game.
Just had to make a comment regarding the last match at Maine Road where I will say I had a most enjoyable memorable day with Saints and City fans. Good Luck after Saturday really hope you win the title.

StuSaint said:
BringBackSwales said:
Sotonian said:
Far from having a soft spot for Southampton and their fans ever since the last game played at Maine Road. They didn't want us to have more tickets despite not able to sell theirs. Yet they choose to sell them privately to City-fans who were desperate to try and get in the ground paying stupid money to these wonkers.

LOL - Hold your horses fella, you boys wanted 60 quid a ticket (or 58 plus a booking fee) . It was on a Sunday afternoon and live on Sky. The trains were over a 100 quid and got back at stupid o clock. The bright sparks at Saints just assumed that as it was our first game back in the Prem, we would sell out regardless, so took the whole allocation and caught a cold (The club (SFC) has to pay any shortfall in these circumstances. As for the club selling the wasted tickets to Man City fans, I'm pretty sure that would be illegal, but guessing a compromise would be allowing MCFC to sell them in areas that are segregated.

I think you are having a pop at Saints for the wrong reasons...... If you had said you didn't like us because of the way we boo'ed Aguero when he came of injured in that match then I would have completely understood (Have no idea what that was about by the way, completely unlike Saints fans and was left wondering what I missed - Still haven't ever figured it out) but I think the problem regarding tickets was your club being greedy.

60 quid a ticket for saints fans in the last game at Maine Road??!! Was it fuck you demented so and so. Your club wanted more tickets than your fans could sell, so that your fans could sell them on at a mega profit to our fans, the previous poster was bang on. And I repeat tickets were not 60 quid face value in those days

I am a Saints fan who has had a soft spot for City since the days of Bell, Lee, Summerbee etc and can remember Summerbee being sent off at the Dell many years ago in the sixties. I attended the the last match at Maine Road in the Saints end ( scaffolding makeshift stand ) and as I recall we did sell our full limited allocation . I saw no evidence of Man City fans in the Saints allocation and when we scored to win 1-0 there did not appear to be anyone not cheering. In fact I believe that southampton actually took City to task due to you not allocating us enough tickets the action took place AFTER the match and you were heavily fined, I therefore took objection to the remarks made by eversince76 above.
I have also attended the last games between us home and away, including the FA Cup match at City in 2007, and last seasons match at Maine Road where the £52 ticket price left a nasty taste in the mouth. Last seasons match was televised and the price was off putting as was the drive up from Cornwall where the family were on holiday but we do these things for the clubs we support.
I am now out of work so cannot afford the £47 ticket price City are asking for this televised match so will cheer on Saints from down here. I look forward to an attacking style of play from both sides and seriously look forward to a Saints win, We fear no one, don't park the bus, and just go out to win every game.
Just had to make a comment regarding the last match at Maine Road where I will say I had a most enjoyable memorable day with Saints and City fans. Good Luck after Saturday really hope you win the title.

You are correct. City were disciplined by the FA for not handing the full allocation over to Southampton for the final game at Maine Road.

If I recall correctly, City were happy to take the hit and fine. Southampton tickets at the City of Manchester Stadium for the following season had to be discounted.

Good luck trying to find a new job.

StuSaint said:
BringBackSwales said:
Sotonian said:

From memory we gave you the Gene Kelly stand, which probably held hundreds rather than thousands, and I think that is why you sold the allocation - I seriously doubt you would have sold 2,500 had you had the North Stand allocation. Also IIRC we had to give you free tickets for your game at the City of Manchester Stadium the following season, due to giving you the lower allocation. As I said to the other poster there was no way tickets at Maine Road were £60

BringBackSwales said:
StuSaint said:
BringBackSwales said:

From memory we gave you the Gene Kelly stand, which probably held hundreds rather than thousands, and I think that is why you sold the allocation - I seriously doubt you would have sold 2,500 had you had the North Stand allocation. Also IIRC we had to give you free tickets for your game at the City of Manchester Stadium the following season, due to giving you the lower allocation. As I said to the other poster there was no way tickets at Maine Road were £60

Fully Agree - let's look forward to a good game this weekend and may the best team win. As previous hope you win the league and Good Luck after Saturday.

That last game at Maine Road and the away tickets was ridiculous.
What City should have done was given Southampton tickets for the Gene Kelly and said ''when you sell out, we will give you some for the North Stand'' and if that was the case, give them a block by block - and give them a deadline of when to sell them by.
Then when it was clear there were plenty left, release them to City fans.

What the club did was give Saints the Gene Kelly only and sold the Maine Stand to Blues from the off, which is against the rules (and understandably).
I do recall the Saints didn't even sell Gene Kelly, my understanding was 800 of the 1000 were sold - which makes me wonder why City didn't do as I suggested as most people with a brain knew they wouldn't bring that many up.
Why City were subsequently fined is beyond me when not one Saints fan who wanted to attend the game was denied the opportunity of doing so. Though I doubt quoting hindsight is much of an evidence to present. With a bit of thought the whole episode would have been sorted.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
tried to write a team sheet, ended up not even having Navas on the bench, assuming I can put Aguero there.

Complicated when everyone's fit, many decisions for Pelle to get right, don't envy him.
Negredo out of mine, Nasri benched, Navas starting.
Complicated alright.

Providing everyone is fit, apart from Nastasic i would go for

Hart

Zabba
VK
MDM
Kolarov

Ferna
Yaya

Silva
Navas
Milner

Negredo

Pants, Lescott, Clichy, Garcia, Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.