Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse_Jimi said:
deano ou812 said:
TCIB said:
We generally keep Suarez quiet which we will need to do and it would be nice if Gerrard has a bad passing day.
Sergio seemingly comes back from injury ready to go so that will be a big plus for us if he is sharp, indeed if he even plays.

I could speculate all day, i guess what i am saying is i am very keen to see the starting lineups and setups.
Usually i am not one for biting at the bit for selection but this is the seasons biggest match no doubt so i admit to a fair bit of nerves :D
Just a shame sergio didn't have a run out say last week for 20. Mins just to give him a bit of game time before this match,having said that he's the type of player to smash a couple in here's hoping....

You think Pellegrini will start him?

Haven't a clue jimi,for all i know he could start with negredo who's been out of form,if i was to guess it could well be aguero and dzeko,then negredo for aguero after say 55/60 min....

Ric said:
Balti said:
is anyone confusing heysel and hillsborough? they seem to get mentioned in the same breath by some.....

the scousers were responsible for italian deaths at heysel and a good few scousers served time for manslaughter to prove it

lets stop playing the fucking permanent scouse victim card

are the italian families who lost loved ones because of the scousers still banging on about it?

The two incidents are separate, and very different. It's moronic to compare them.
One difference is that one was caused by the Liverpool fans and it took LFC over a decade to even officially acknowledge it and the other involved the deaths of Liverpool fans 25 years ago and i for one am getting sick to fuckin' death of hearing about it.

Balti said:
Ric said:
Balti said:
is anyone confusing heysel and hillsborough? they seem to get mentioned in the same breath by some.....

the scousers were responsible for italian deaths at heysel and a good few scousers served time for manslaughter to prove it

are the italian families who lost loved ones because of the scousers still banging on about it?

The two incidents are separate, and very different. It's moronic to compare them.

its moronic to think I'm comparing them

I just presumed by mentioning the "fucking permanent scouse victim card" when talking about Heysel you were relating the two. Please correct if wrong.

Ric said:
deano ou812 said:
Ric said:
Of course not, just seemed a random and irrelevant point to make.
unfortunately i have been on the red wine tonight,my view still holds i feel we would not be seen in the same light as the bastions of football if a terrible tragedy befell us......cant get blue wine,only blue nun....:-)

At least it's only the scousers with the victim mentality, eh.
Personally dont have anything against scousers or liverpool,but by fcuk this week playing the victim card has just pushed it a wee bit to far for me concerning the media this week...by the way ric I've noticed you mostly post at night your not blade by any chance...;-)

goalmole said:
Ric said:
Balti said:

One difference is that one was caused by the Liverpool fans and it took LFC over a decade to even officially acknowledge it and the other involved the deaths of Liverpool fans 25 years ago and i for one am getting sick to fuckin' death of hearing about it.

I'm sure you will cope.

Ric said:
goalmole said:
Ric said:

I'm sure you will cope.
Not if the fuckers bang on about it for another 25 years, i won't.

deano ou812 said:
Ric said:
deano ou812 said:
unfortunately i have been on the red wine tonight,my view still holds i feel we would not be seen in the same light as the bastions of football if a terrible tragedy befell us......cant get blue wine,only blue nun....:-)

Personally dont have anything against scousers or liverpool,but by fcuk this week playing the victim card has just pushed it a wee bit to far for me concerning the media this week...by the way ric I've noticed you mostly post at night your not blade by any chance...;-)

Ha, you're probably right about posting at night. Bladdered, not Blade though.

Personally don't think it's unreasonable for the media to be highlighting Hillsborough on the 25th anniversary of the disaster. It's only right, and nothing to do with us. It's lame to suggest we're anything to do with it.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:12 am --<br /><br />
goalmole said:
Ric said:
goalmole said:

I'm sure you will cope.

You're a compassionate fucker, I'll give you that.

Ric said:
deano ou812 said:
Ric said:

Personally don't think it's unreasonable for the media to be highlighting Hillsborough on the 25th anniversary of the disaster. It's only right, and nothing to do with us. It's lame to suggest we're anything to do with it.

-- Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:12 am --

goalmole said:
Ric said:
I'm sure you will cope.

If one of my relatives died and i told you about it then i'm sure you'd be full of sympathy for me. if i went on about it every time i saw you i'm sure you'd get sick of it as well.
I think it's called the law of diminishing returns.

Ric said:
Balti said:
Ric said:

I just presumed by mentioning the "fucking permanent scouse victim card" when talking about Heysel you were relating the two. Please correct if wrong.

I was just commenting on the fact that some posts in this thread seemed to be mentioning these two disasters in the same breath as if Liverpool were victims in both events which is clearly not the case

The 96 deserve justice no doubt, but equally lets not forget Liverpools part at Heysel either where their fans caused the death of 39 innocent people

goalmole said:
Ric said:
deano ou812 said:

Personally don't think it's unreasonable for the media to be highlighting Hillsborough on the 25th anniversary of the disaster. It's only right, and nothing to do with us. It's lame to suggest we're anything to do with it.

-- Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:12 am --

goalmole said:

If one of my relatives died and i told you about it then i'm sure you'd be full of sympathy for me. if i went on about it every time i saw you i'm sure you'd get sick of it as well.

I admire your compassion. For so many years my condolences were with those who'd lost mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters. All along I was wrong.

Who spoke out for the silent few, like your good self, who merely resented their grieving because it slightly pissed you off? I hope you find the strength to carry on the good fight. You are a credit to those who know you, and not at all a bad weapon.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:28 am --<br /><br />
Balti said:
Ric said:
Balti said:

I was just commenting on the fact that some posts in this thread seemed to be mentioning these two disasters in the same breath as if Liverpool were victims in both events which is clearly not the case

The 96 deserve justice no doubt, but equally lets not forget Liverpools part at Heysel either where their fans caused the death of 39 innocent people

I may have missed it, but I don't recall anyone labelling Liverpool as victims at Heysel?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.