Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by jay_mcfc, 5 Apr 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shemnel

shemnel

The thing is with Ya Ya is that whilst saying he 'goes missing' is an argument with evidence to back it up, it can be contradicted by the argument he can produce goals from nothing whilst playing poorly or well, with evidence to back it up!

So then youre left with the conundrum of playing someone like Milner - who will give you 100% from the off but not necessarily play well and/or score - or playing Ya Ya who could play shit or majestically and has a good chance of scoring. I'd prefer Ya Ya due to the goal factor, which in football, is the bottom line.

This is why, i believe, Ya Ya is played by managers despite form/sluggishness etc

2. Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A.

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A.

After the scouse Derby when Gollum was still Evertons manager

3. chris85mcfc

chris85mcfc

Agree about Nasri, but not sure I agree about Yaya. He has proved time and time again that even when he looks disinterested that he can pop up with something spectacular in the blink of an eye, the difference with Nasri is he can't do this.

I'd certainly play Garcia alongside Ferna, and id look at playing Silva Yaya and Jimmy behind Sergio

I actually think playing Garcia is vital, he will plug the gaps between defence and midfield and allow Ferna and Yaya to play in front of him

4. cibaman

cibaman

I thought Nasri did well at United. I think its essential that we get plenty of possession early on, just as we did at United and Spurs. Quieten the crowd, stop them gaining any momentum. We're more likely to do that with Nasri rather than Milner.

5. Painters Radio

Painters Radio

I tend to agree re Nasri although I don't expect for one minute Pellegrini is likely to leave him on the bench.

6. blue12

blue12

Ref for Sunday Clattenberg , will be watching from behind the setee

7. moomba

moomba

Re: And so it's Clattenberg

Shite

8. Judge Roughneck

Judge Roughneck

I had a look at the top 4 team run ins as objectively as I could with a dose of wishful thinking.
    I had us drawing both games on Merseyside and finishing on 87 pts.
    The Grief drawing also against Chelsea who will also draw against Swansea. Living them on 85 and 84 pts respectively and Arsenal on 80 which they are already behind on having lost to Everton.

9. stonie

stonie

Lmao oh yeah I forgot.....

10. Matty

Matty

This isn't Facebook, there will be no status updat
    Clattenburg has been appointed the referee for Liverpool's 2-1 win against Manchester City on Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.